HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:08 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Colwyn Bay, North Wales, UK
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Alert
URGENT!!!Anyone know anything about Shipping, USA to UK???

Hi all,
Need some info QUIcK!!! lol.

About to make quite a large order from Like90 (I live in the UK).
I just wanted to know which of these shipping etheods have tracking, or insurance, or both? I did search in google, but didnt really find any info.

FedEx - International Priority $44.80
UPS - Express $53.01
USPS - Global Express Mail (EMS) $21.00
USPS - Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Large) $10.00
USPS - Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Small) $6.00
USPS - Airmail Parcel Post $17.00

(Are there any other shipping methods from Like90? If so, what are they, how much, and do they have shipping or tracking?)

Thanks, Duane
Minimole is offline Find More Posts by Minimole
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:10 PM
Wolverhampton, UK
Joined Jun 2004
536 Posts
ffs duane,

do you want us to hold your hand for everything?

your making an order with like90, just do the service you prefer, most probably the cheapest knowing you
hingus2000 is offline Find More Posts by hingus2000
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:17 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Gee, SORRY Hingus...

You are so helpful...

Just cos Im 14, and dont want to risk wasting 100 when the order gets lost , have you got a problem with that?

Just cos you are sum rich person, with tons of money, so if you lose an order, you dont care, doesnt mean everyone else is.
And yes, I am trying to go as cheap as possible, got a problem with that?

FFS to you too.

Vent over...

Duane
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:29 PM
Wolverhampton, UK
Joined Jun 2004
536 Posts
im just 16, whats your point?

i the order gets lost, Like90 are liable to contact the shipping agent, and if they have no luck, they should replace your order.

chill, you wont lose your 100.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:30 PM
Wolverhampton, UK
Joined Jun 2004
536 Posts
im not super rich, but im making myself 90 a week on eBay, thanks. use your initiative
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:33 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
OK, thanks...

OK, just take it I make a LOT less than 90 a week, which is why I appear to be, and am, very cautious and careful with my money...

Duane
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:36 PM
Wolverhampton, UK
Joined Jun 2004
536 Posts
lol i dont earn anywhere near 90 a week, closer 80

seriously though, you gotta learn to make decisions on your own, its all part of growing up

no beef, what you bought then? i always go with the $6 postage no matter how big my order is.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:37 PM
Stratford upon Avon
Joined Jul 2004
2,502 Posts
Hingus... not really necessary to dis Minimole. If he posts and nobody wants to reply then nobody will. Job done.

I've always used the regular services
USPS - Global Express Mail (EMS) $21.00
or
USPS - Airmail Parcel Post $17.00
and never had a problem.
However, be prepared to pay VAT and customs when it arrives... I just got dinged 45 for a Trex V2 with Align 400 motor.
Picking it up tomorrow.
ukgroucho is offline Find More Posts by ukgroucho
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:54 PM
Wolverhampton, UK
Joined Jun 2004
536 Posts
ok my bad.

you pay the expensive shipping, how long does it take?

i always do the small packet global priority mail for $6, thats usually with quite a lot of items, although to be fair, not that big. Usually takes about 14days. Havent got done by customs yet from like90, although i did from helihobby, had to pay 18 import tax for my hobbico quick field charger.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:03 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Thanks all...

Ok, thats good to hear Hingus, I will probably go with the USPS - Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Large) $10.00 then. So you have never got charged customs? You must be very lucky! How much were those orders?

OK, admitedly, I normally ask questions before I make decision (escpecially when it concerns making a purchase...lol), but then again, I dont like being a guinea pig. If others have already experimented e.t.c. why risk it, and not just ask, it only takes 30 seconds to say yes or no, or a,b, or c... lol

Hey, and also, how is asking which postage methods have tracking and insurance, not grown up??? (Just wondering...)

Thanks UKgroucho for backing me up!lol

Yeah, Im prepared for customs, been stung before...

O yeah Hingus, just wondering, how do you earn 90 a week on Ebay?

Peace, Hingus, soz if I annoyed you, or anyone else...

Thanks, Duane
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:29 PM
Day by day...
Melbourne, FL
Joined Feb 2004
634 Posts
minimole,

USPS Global Priority is one of the most economical methods, but nothing short of FedEx provides real tracking and time definite delivery.

Hingus is completely INCORRECT that we are liable to replace your order if the shipper has no luck. In the very few cases where we have had orders lost (or stolen) we were kind enough to make a new shipment, but that is our decision to make. Once the parcel hits your customs offices, it is out of the USPS custody, and not their responsibility. Only FedEx, UPS, and DHL get around that by having a complete chain of custody to your doorstep, which is why they are so much more expensive.

The shipping method you choose (shipment tracking, insurance, etc) makes you liable, not the vendor. It is something you should really consider, given that the order you intend to place could be large.

As always, eMail us at customer service for these types of questions...it might save you some hassle!
LoopZilla is offline Find More Posts by LoopZilla
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:46 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopZilla
As always, eMail us at customer service for these types of questions...it might save you some hassle!
LOL, Thanks, I actually emailed Colin a few hours a go, but he didnt reply, which is why I asked here, maybve it was a mistake...lol

Thanks, Duane
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:52 PM
Wolverhampton, UK
Joined Jun 2004
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopZilla
minimole,

USPS Global Priority is one of the most economical methods, but nothing short of FedEx provides real tracking and time definite delivery.

Hingus is completely INCORRECT that we are liable to replace your order if the shipper has no luck. In the very few cases where we have had orders lost (or stolen) we were kind enough to make a new shipment, but that is our decision to make. Once the parcel hits your customs offices, it is out of the USPS custody, and not their responsibility. Only FedEx, UPS, and DHL get around that by having a complete chain of custody to your doorstep, which is why they are so much more expensive.

The shipping method you choose (shipment tracking, insurance, etc) makes you liable, not the vendor. It is something you should really consider, given that the order you intend to place could be large.

sorry dude, my bad, that was just my understanding of the way things worked. now i know the truth!
Old Mar 14, 2005, 04:20 PM
United States, CA, Stanton
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Tid Bits

If you havent heard USPS uses FedEx as their carrier for Express packages Not sure on international but I think they are.

Priority mail there's no way to track the package with Global Express there is and is insured up to $ 100.00 automacticlly.
mdttb is offline Find More Posts by mdttb
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:10 PM
Joined Feb 2003
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hingus2000
im not super rich, but im making myself 90 a week on eBay, thanks. use your initiative
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...rid=hingus2000

;-)
KenS is offline Find More Posts by KenS