Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:41 AM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,870 Posts
ST MODEL Lipos?

Has anyone used the ST Model brand Lipos?

How are they compared to E-Tec? They are less expensive and some packs are also lighter for the same rating.

Thanks,

odf
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:58 AM
Slipknot RULE
Joined Sep 2004
10 Posts
I havnt used e-tecs, but i have a ST model 1600mah 2 cell lipo, it has given me NO trouble, even after being pelted 60 metres through a paddock(yes i was carefull with it and monitered it alot for the next few days and when i recharged it). I have had it for about a year now and has been charged about 200 times still not slowing down. I was a bit nervoues when i bought it as it was a brand i had never heard of. but i reccomend them.
t3dIIEr is offline Find More Posts by t3dIIEr
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:21 AM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,870 Posts
Thanks t3d... I won't ask what happenned to the model that battery was in

I plowed my e-wing into hard ground, squashing the lipos up considerably.. after massaging them flat again, they are still going strong! Of course now they are stored outside and are never charged without close supervision

The e-tec lipos compared to the ST Models are a bit thinner, I might be forced into using them for the next project unfortunately as space is tight.
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer