HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2005, 07:53 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Jacksonville,Florida
Joined Jan 2005
22 Posts
JR Quattro Tx not working with ESC

JR quattro lite Tx R610M receiver works great with my 20a E-Flite esc.
Just got a new(maybe) great planes ESC GPMA2429 when its powered up the little red light comes on but no out put to motor I checked the V.and use motor to check it.I checked the switch on the esc and it reading fine.
I shaved off the tab just like i did for Hitec servos and they work fine.But do i have to do something else for a Great Planes esc...
is there somthing with the center pos.wire??

btw bought off e-bay it was in a sealed plastic bag from the factory.I looks like the original stuff but i can't find the model # or cat# on the web site.it also says slinger arf on the bag...

thanks for any help.
acewannabee is offline Find More Posts by acewannabee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2005, 09:43 AM
LAS CRUCES, NEW MEXICO
Joined Jul 2003
43 Posts
esc woes

When the red light comes on does it stay on or does it flash?
Have you tried waiting a bit, pull the throttle all the way down and then back up?
Is the motor rating on the esc right for the motor you are using?
I've used 610s a lot for electric and sometimes I've gotten an esc that just doesn't want to work.
RGHCOWNER is offline Find More Posts by RGHCOWNER
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:26 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Oct 2004
5,965 Posts
Try this.
Make sure the throttle is at cut off when you switch on.
Go to WOT and hold it there for several seconds.
Back to cut off.
Now advance throttle and it should be OK.

Bill
ebill3 is offline Find More Posts by ebill3
Old Mar 14, 2005, 04:10 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Jacksonville,Florida
Joined Jan 2005
22 Posts
hhhheeeeeyyyyyyy!!!!!! ebill3 you are the man!!!!! I should pay pal you a service call.Pluged inthe batt.turned on the esc the light came on, held wot then the light started blinking (guess i missed that last night).pulled back and then works fine.Looks like I have to do this every time.??no big deal.Do you have any exp.with this model GPMA2429??I'm wondering what the specs are.I'm going to do a best test tonight to find out about the bec if it has one and see if it can handel the motor for a full run.it shoud it was supplyed for a 400 speed.Is this standard for great planes esc's???

thanks again.
acewannabee is offline Find More Posts by acewannabee
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:01 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,302 Posts
Yes, that's the initializing procedure of the ESC. Its purpose is pure safety. If you turn the Rx on BEFORE the Tx then the ESC will not load (initialize) and you can not accidentaly start the motor. Looks like it's standard for GP/Hobbico ESCs.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:15 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Oct 2004
5,965 Posts
Ace - Sorry, I don't have any info on that ESC. Glad it is working OK. As ivanc said, that appears to be the standard GP routine.

Bill
ebill3 is offline Find More Posts by ebill3