HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2002, 10:38 PM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
Scale Fly In Pictures from Phoenix

These pics might be of interest to the Jet, Sport and Scale electric forums so I will post it here. The links below have some pictures from the 51st Bi-Annual 1/8th Air Force Scale Fly In held last weekend in Phoenix AZ. It was pretty windy but it didn't seem to bother most of the pilots. The electric scale planes had a really good representation at the show and got a lot of air time. I got in the first three flights on Saturday since they have noise control before 9 AM on the weekends. One index is electrics only and the next link is all planes seen on Saturday. I had to go slope flying on Sunday with the wind being so good so I may have missed some other electrics.

Scale Electric R/C pics index
Scale Gas and Electric R/C pics index
Slope flying at Yarnell, AZ pics index

Dave Wenzlick
Mesa AZ
Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2002, 12:02 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 1999
1,613 Posts
Excellent photos, Dave. That was obviously a great fly-in. Will there be a full report, with names and details, forthcoming in Ezone, or in print somewhere? The ME262 really got me breathing hard.
Brad.
Brad Trent is offline Find More Posts by Brad Trent
Old Mar 26, 2002, 08:46 AM
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
I don't think anyone is doing a detailed report of the event. It's been going on for so many years it doesn't get coverage like it used to. It still pulls in pilots from quite a few states. It is a big social event and an excuse to be in Phoenix in the spring and fall. They do a large banquet on Saturday night with some awards as well. Vin's Airworld Me-262 was great and the announcer did a decent job of informing the spectators about it while it was being flown. I'm sure Vin or EJF can help with details on the 262 if you ask around on the Jet forum. I don't have the specs on it.

Dave Wenzlick
Mesa AZ
Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
Old Mar 26, 2002, 10:03 PM
Surrey, BC Canada
Joined Apr 2000
649 Posts
I would also love some further information on the 262. Kit?. ARF?.Most importantly, where can I get One?.
The photos of the meet were also super, good looking aircraft all.
Robert.
RMFISH is offline Find More Posts by RMFISH
Old Mar 26, 2002, 10:21 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,041 Posts
ME-262

Vinny's Airworld ME-262 was imported by Electric Jet Factory. It weighs in at 15# 16 CP-2400 cells per motor. Motors are Hacker B50-7XL with
Jeti 70 AMP ESC units. Kit come as a ARF. Standard is silver but it can be ordered in the Camo scheme. The fan units are WeMoTec Midi doing about 32,000 RPM and using approx. 1200 Watts per fan at takeoff. Duration is 2 mins with a 30 sec safety margin for go arounds. If you need more info e-mail Robert@electricjetfactory.com
Bob Ruff
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Mar 26, 2002, 10:59 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
Why did the P-51 lose the wing?
Good shots of both parts, BTW...
I don't like to see them crash, but when they crash, I like to see them!
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Mar 27, 2002, 08:20 AM
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky Paul
Why did the P-51 lose the wing?
Good shots of both parts, BTW...
I don't like to see them crash, but when they crash, I like to see them!
It was in a shallow dive when the wing departed. I can only guess there was a major problem with the wing hold downs. There was no rough take offs or landing that I had seen, no mid-air occured either. I happened to get the picture right before the fuselage hit. The wing took longer to fall of course so I got several shots of it coming down.

Dave Wenzlick
Mesa AZ