Old Mar 13, 2005, 07:32 AM
Jacksonville FL
Joined Feb 2005
378 Posts
Predator, Mean Green Machine!!!

Hey All

Well I supprised myself and got a Predator before a T-Hawk. Yea, I know
not a beginner plane. (The T-Hawk will be here next week) Like a fool I
tried to fly it yesterday in the wind. Chrash, chrash, crash..... "landing".
Woke up today with a 2-3 mph N.W. breeze, not too shabby. Well I got
it going, got excited, crashed, twice. This thing takes an unholly beating.
I started to get it trimmed out a little better and WOW. She Flies!!!!! I was
blown away at how quick this thing will do a loop, Sweet. My pasture is only
250ft. by 550ft (roughly) so I don't have that much room but on this calm
day it was plenty to get used to the controls. Did I say WOW? This thing
moves, and actually glides a little better than I've seen people give credit
for. I even did a few manuvers that I don't even know the name for. I think
one is called an "Immleman", named after the WWI pilot who invented it. I'm
very happy with this plane and the deal I got on Ebay(thanks again JH). I like
going from 0 planes to 2 in one week for under $200. If the T-Hawk is really as forgiving as I've heard (compared to the Predator) I'm going to be one happy camper.

Anyone else out there with a Predator feel free to chime in, it's one fun plane
and when I get a little more confident I'm sure it'll be even better.

Hope everyone has ideal flying conditions today. This hobby Rocks!!!
T-Fly is offline Find More Posts by T-Fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2005, 12:00 PM
Pro Bro #1442
Detroit City, Michigan, United States
Joined Oct 2003
520 Posts
Nice to finally hear something about the predator, it's been well over a year since it started shipping and we haven't heard anything about it. Just wait until a wrm summer day when the Thermals are out and you've got the T-Hawk, it will stay up for hours if you let it.
W'rkncacnter is offline Find More Posts by W'rkncacnter
Old Mar 13, 2005, 02:23 PM
Jacksonville FL
Joined Feb 2005
378 Posts
I'm supprised there hasn't been much talk about it either. I'm a first time flyer and was able to do loops and actually land with it. I know there's a few Predator owners on this forum and I'm sure they have some good stories about their plane.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 09:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
i havenmt read alot about it..but what i have read,,it certainly hasnt been as good as the t-hawk...which was a homerun for toytronix..and as of yet..they havent been able to come up with another plane nearly as good..in both flight performance and value..theyre latest attempt at a flying type foam style plane/wing {thunderbat} has been an asboulote disaster..i think ive only seen 2 peopel on here say hey bought it..and they didnt have much good to say about it..seems to be a very unstable flyer
rumme is offline Find More Posts by rumme
Old Mar 14, 2005, 06:52 AM
Jacksonville FL
Joined Feb 2005
378 Posts
Rumme, two of the main things people associate with the value of the T-Hawk and it's value are the spare parts and durability. The Predator comes with all the same spare parts (which are cheaper than that of the T-Hawk) and are made of the same materials. I already know first hand that the Predator can take a beating and keep on flying. I think the problem with the Predator is that people want to compare it to the T-Hawk due to its many similarities, and might also think that it would be a good beginner plane as well. A beginner plane it is not but compariing the two (un-modified) the Predator will out manuver the T-Hawk (aerobatically) so you could argue that the Predator flys better. It just depends on what you want to do i guess.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:04 AM
Bellevue, WA
Joined Feb 2005
959 Posts
I am trying to send my Predator back. I got it because of some of the stunts that are shown in the video and it is VERY obvious that it can not roll like it is shown in the video. To me, that's false advertising. I'm waiting to hear back from them today.
Travy is offline Find More Posts by Travy
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
well since ive personnaly never flown or seen the predator in action {other then the vidsos}..i certainly cant comment from direct expiriences..but i do know the predator has been around a few years now..and ive only seen a very few posts on the r/c forums about it..and most of those werent great..and it seems when this is the case,,usually the plane isnt a great performer..ex...megatech AIRSTRIKE...LOL..
rumme is offline Find More Posts by rumme
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:12 PM
Jacksonville FL
Joined Feb 2005
378 Posts
Travy, just wondering if you heard from ToyTx yet.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:49 AM
Jacksonville FL
Joined Feb 2005
378 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me out here. I went for a quick flight this morning before the
winds picked up and I did some very quick rolls. Left rolls to be more specific. The question I have is what exactly did I do. I was making some nice banking turns around my field then rolll, into chrash. I executed these rolls a couple of times but I just don't know exactly how I did them. I've tried to do them on FMS with the T-Hawk but it just doesn't happen..... Help?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 08:51 AM
Bellevue, WA
Joined Feb 2005
959 Posts
I am expecting a refund so of course I haven't heard yet..

Today is the second biz day that they have to respond. They better.....
Travy is offline Find More Posts by Travy