HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:44 PM
Boomer
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
159 Posts
My EVO won't work with some receivers?

I have five receivers, 3 Bergs and one 1995 Futaba 8 all on Ch 53, and one older receiver on Ch 42.

Only two of the Bergs respond to the Evo Xmitter. i.e. it controls the receivers normally.

The third Berg, the Futaba 8ch and the Ch42 receiver will not respond to the Evo Xmitter. All three of these receivers work with other transmitters. By 'not respond' I mean no servo motion except an occasional glitchy jump.

What could be going on?????

Would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions.
bomeara is offline Find More Posts by bomeara
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:49 PM
Foam Flyer
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,931 Posts
Are the three working Bergs set to Positive shift? Futaba is a negative shift receiver. Which Royal Evo do you have. If you don't have the synth transmitter module and are using crystals I think the EVO is positive shift.

Glenn
Depdog is offline Find More Posts by Depdog
Old Mar 12, 2005, 11:24 PM
Boomer
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
159 Posts
Thanks Glenn. You may have hit on the problem. I hadn't thought of the shift issue.

I will check the Berg. I thought it was able to adjust to either shift but this may be an older one.

I have a synthesized Evo 9. Can it's shift be changed so that it will work with negative shift Futaba receivers also? Couldn't find it in the manual.

Brian
Old Mar 12, 2005, 11:28 PM
Foam Flyer
Joined Jan 2003
2,931 Posts
Yes, the shift can be changed if you have the 1.40 firmware. You also have to have the language set to US/EN (or it might be EN/US, US English anyway) then go to the "Properties" button (its the button that has the File Folder on it) and then go to the "Memory" selection and the shift select should be the bottom one.

Glenn
Old Mar 13, 2005, 12:46 AM
Boomer
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
159 Posts
Glenn,

I found the manual to the older Berg and it has a dip switch to set shift. I set it the other way and it works fine now.

I checked and I have version 1.26 DE/EN. Looks like I will have to do the computer thing to get the old Futaba receivers working.

Thanks for the help, Glenn. This forum is a great resource. And I think you may have set the record for fast solution to a problem ... 5 minutes.

Brian
Old Mar 13, 2005, 02:15 AM
Foam Flyer
Joined Jan 2003
2,931 Posts
LOL, your welcome. Glad I could help. I am a very new EVO owner and am still tinkering with the radio before setting up a plane on it.

Granted the radio is way way overkill for anything I fly, but with the scanner and synth, not to mention being able to mix any channel with any other it's and awesome tool.

Glenn
Old Mar 13, 2005, 01:41 PM
Unna / Germany
Joined Feb 2005
1 Posts
Damn....

I have sent my brandnew EVO9 Synth to Multiplex last week because of the same problems.

In my case, i had 2 identical ACT Micro 6-receivers. When set to channel 66, they work fine, set to channel 72: No response....
( Wrking with my FX18 correctly.... )

Same problem with 2 Futaba 147-receivers: Cjannel 66 ok, channel 72: No response

Furthermore problems with my ACT DS 8, crystal only channel 72 available: doesn´t work corrctly

A brandnew Webra DS Scan 8 works not correct on any channel....

The few hours i have spend with the radio, i had the nice feeling that i have made the right choice.
But my Probs, which now seem to be of the same kind like yours, have to be solved first.

Fortunately, sending the radio to Multiplex is no greater problem for me. Compared with the distances in US, it schould nearly be possible, to throw it half the way. ;-)

Stefan
SloMo65 is offline Find More Posts by SloMo65
Old Mar 13, 2005, 02:22 PM
Boomer
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
159 Posts
You guys will really appreciate the Evo after you have had it awhile. I have been flying it for about 6 months (you would think I should have known about the shift problem). I find new ways to do more all the time. I am a firm believer in buying as much radio as you can afford. It is much more expensive to find out a year from now that you need a new transmitter because the cheapy you bought won't do what you need.

Just think about some "what if's" and you will find new uses for the Evo's flexibility. I was wondering "what if" I could control my DLG's aileron and elevator from the left stick during landing so I can catch it with my right hand. It turned out not to be a big advantage, but the Evo did it easily.

Enjoy

Brian