HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2005, 05:22 PM
Joined Oct 2002
25 Posts
Need help with TX serial cable to Belkin serial to USB converter.

Hi, I'm trying to use a TX serial cable (Futaba) to a Belkin serial to USB converter to run FMS on my XP laptop. I can use the two stick logitech game pad and it will work fine. The laptop recognizes the Belkin converter, so I have those drivers in correctly. But FMS doesn't recognize the radio. I have the feeling that I have to tell the program how to "see it".

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Gary
ggood is offline Find More Posts by ggood
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2005, 03:02 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,270 Posts
The Tx and USB converter should show up in game controllers and you need to calibrate in there first. If that's o.k. then your problem is likely to be just that FMS will only use the first game controller on the list, probably still your game pad. Swap them over so the Tx is first and you should be o.k.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Mar 13, 2005, 10:14 AM
Joined Oct 2002
25 Posts
Thanks Steve, I'll take another look. I'm using XP so that might be the problem. From what I'm reading on the different threads I may have to install PPJOY to get XP to recognize it. The latest version is suppose to cover serial ports too. I'll report on any progress I make.

Thanks again, Gary
ggood is offline Find More Posts by ggood
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:40 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
There are two protocols used for FMS and serial interfaces, the PIC serial interface and normal Gameport. If you are using the PIC serial interface it may not work via the USB adaptor
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Sep 23, 2006, 09:58 PM
Joined Sep 2006
6 Posts
i have the usb/serial adapter working on FMS with my notebook pc. just set your resources in FMS controller setup to 9600 baud and map the channels to your Tx. ppjoy etc is not required. make sure it is set as pic interface.
ssuterus is offline Find More Posts by ssuterus