HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2002, 05:42 PM
Professional Goofball
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2000
1,001 Posts
RFFS-100 for JR Radio???

Has a DU RFFS-100 been made for JR radios yet? I have the Futaba version and thought I had a transmitter sitting somewhere but have not been able to find it and fear I sold it. I would like to get my system in the air but don't want to have to go out and buy a new transmitter just to fly one plane...
OCModels is offline Find More Posts by OCModels
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2002, 07:33 PM
Buffalo, New York
Joined Jan 2002
1,024 Posts
Unfortunately we have not been able to have a chance to get to it yet but it is in the works.

Dan
dhurd is offline Find More Posts by dhurd
Old Mar 27, 2002, 01:45 PM
Sticky Shepherd
Oxford/England
Joined May 2001
4,017 Posts
A switch, a switch the things tiny, and then you run out of inputs on your pic or add circuit complexity. It might just be a programming thing and that sounds easy but not if you are getting them made in quantities. Did anyone say completely reworked? Dan?

Graham

p.s. shame the tx's don't have a switch.
Graham Stabler is offline Find More Posts by Graham Stabler
Last edited by Graham Stabler; Mar 27, 2002 at 01:56 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 01:53 PM
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2001
743 Posts
At national hobby supply you can buy a futaba buddy box that is a full blown Tx, you just don't have choose of channel. Only $29.95 and the waiting will be over.

Philip
fill is offline Find More Posts by fill
Old Mar 27, 2002, 02:26 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
why is it that some recievers have a switch to go between pos & neg shift, and yours needs to be completely reworked?

Waiting!

Mike
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Mar 27, 2002, 03:47 PM
Buffalo, New York
Joined Jan 2002
1,024 Posts
It's not as easy as just adding a switch. You have to modify the software to recognize if the switch is on or off and then the software has to decide whether to use positive or negative shift. Then you have to find a place on the PC board so users can switch the switch (which in essence is a rework and will invariably generate a rash of email for those we can't figure it out). GWS and others have been in the business for awhile where this is our first venture into mass producing a product. We are trying to work out a few kinks in how things are being done. It's a learn as you go process and it's a LOT of work involved and only two people to do it. You have to ship out product, ensure product is getting shipped to you, maintain a website, answer phone calls, and answer email/forum questions (a majority of your time). Once things get smoothed out and we are sure that we can continue to supply the current products and are sure we can still offer excellent customer support on current as well as new products then we will move on to other demands.

Please cut us a little slack.

As I have said before, I hate to tell someone to go spend money on a new tx when they already have a prefectly good one but there are some pretty inexpensive Hitec tx's out there if you can't wait till we produce a JR version rffs-100.

Sincerely,
Dan
dhurd is offline Find More Posts by dhurd
Last edited by dhurd; Mar 27, 2002 at 03:50 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 04:25 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
GWS 8ch receivers have the switch.

Mike
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale