Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:00 PM
RCAPA # 28
Memphis, TN
Joined Nov 2002
345 Posts
A few pics from a blimp at the Memphis Electric fly in

Here are a few pictures from my blimp at the Memphis electric fly in in the Pyramid
rcpilot901 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot901
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:33 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
How's the event going? Is tonight the first night of just setting up? How about the crowd? Hope it goes well for all.
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:39 PM
RCAPA # 28
Memphis, TN
Joined Nov 2002
345 Posts
Tonight was the first night. Mostly setup. The big day is tomorrow. I also got some video and will put that up when I get a chance to edit it.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 05:50 AM
Greenbrier AR, USA
Joined Nov 2002
180 Posts
I'm just sick that I have to miss it. Family obligations. Looks like it will be fun.
David
bzpond is offline Find More Posts by bzpond
Old Mar 12, 2005, 11:37 AM
Honey, I got more planes!
USA, AL, Athens
Joined Jun 2003
4,274 Posts
I'm sitting here now at the show!
ghee-grose is offline Find More Posts by ghee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2005, 08:56 PM
RCAPA # 28
Memphis, TN
Joined Nov 2002
345 Posts
Here is some video from yesterday.

Please right click to save.

http://www.jollyrogergraphics.com/videos.htm
Old Mar 12, 2005, 09:08 PM
USA, AL, Athens
Joined Jun 2003
4,274 Posts
We left early.....who won?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2005, 09:56 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,494 Posts
rcpilot, wicked video!! A little info on your blimp, please? Something like 6' long, and carrying a miniDV video camera for video, or a digital camera for stills? I would be amazed if you could get quality like that from a wireless camera.

Looked like some of the best flying we've seen in North America going on there. Would love to get videos of the competition flights - looks like the boys in orange showed up in force with very capable planes.
adamg is offline Find More Posts by adamg
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:42 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2003
2,116 Posts
Called Josh Glavin, Sean Mccurty won, Jason Noll 2nd, Josh Glavin (buddy) 3rd. Thats what I heard anyways from him
Shortman is offline Find More Posts by Shortman
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:50 PM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
Shortman, your name was on the pilot list, I figured you'd be there in person.
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Old Mar 12, 2005, 11:47 PM
USA, MS, Iuka
Joined Jan 2002
722 Posts
I just got home from the event. Lots of fun and some really great flying by the contestants! My first time flying indoors and it won't be my last.

It was Sean, Jason and Josh in the top 3 spots. Was quite a treat to watch. Can't wait till next year.

Bill
Bsouthwell is offline Find More Posts by Bsouthwell
Old Mar 13, 2005, 02:59 PM
RCAPA # 28
Memphis, TN
Joined Nov 2002
345 Posts
The blimp is 13 ft long and we fly it at the Memphis Tigers games in the Forum. I was using a Nikon 3700 with a 1gig card to take the pictures and videos. Seems like everyone had a ball. I have never seen so much foam rain from all of the mid-airs.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 07:09 AM
Tennessee/Mid-South US
Joined Mar 2002
1,534 Posts
Its kinda funny as I have not seen much on the net about the event yet--- It was huge!!!! The blimp pics were taken well before the majority of people got there.

As for the contest, it was incredible. Mcmurtry flew solid routines. Perfect every time- he really deserved the win. Jason Noll was smooth as ever. This was my first time seeing him fly in person and it was a treat. Glavin did a great job (and a heckuva nice guy to hang out with). After an electrical problem put him in the ground in the first round, he managed to find the composure to come back in the second round and fly a great routine that put him in 3rd. Huge congratulations to all.

I even managed to get the honor of competing these guys as one of the 'walk-ons' who was invited to compete at the event. BTW- you can't plant depron trees in concrete.... but a GBX will take a full throttle hit into the concrete.. BTW, that is one of my Kestrels in post #1-pic#5 -flying past the blimp.

I really enjoyed all the variety at the event. 3D electric has grown immensely, and there was every kind there. Everything from EPP arfs to some of the most gorgeously painted scratched foamies you could have ever seen.
Flying was diverse too. There were guys there who hovered for the first time, and then the 'pros' were there too.

I think this event exemplified why 3D Electric flying is becoming soooo popular soooo quickly!

There was so much to do, so much to learn, so many people to meet.....

Was also great to meet some of the forum goers in person too and see their planes through my own eyes instead of a monitor.

There are some awesome pics of the planes and people at the following link. Check out all the great designs and combinations of gear you can see in the pics.

http://www.wrcc.cc/picpage/pyramid
matchlessaero is offline Find More Posts by matchlessaero
Last edited by matchlessaero; Mar 14, 2005 at 07:15 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:20 AM
USA, AL, Athens
Joined Jun 2003
4,274 Posts
Yo matchlessaero, That was a great event! Enjoyed the info on your planes and motors. Awesome flying too!!!

ghee
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2005, 01:27 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,494 Posts
Warning - click on the wrcc.cc picture link at your own risk. Prepare to spend about 30 minutes looking through 413 high quality pictures =>
adamg is offline Find More Posts by adamg