SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2005, 09:50 AM
Joined May 2004
121 Posts
Re: Any Yellow Aircraft F-18 Twin owner here?

HI! Guys,

I 'm very much interested in turbine jet now and looking into Yellow Aircraft F-18 Twin. But now it seen to me I face a small problem, I did some search and find out Y/A F-18 got two version? One is Fiberglass and the other is in Epoxies or something like that? . F-18 owner what do you run under your fuselage? Some owner say as long is a 45Lbs it will fly well can I go with something lower then 45Lbs?

Is the Y/A F-18 door gear easy to install because I also herad them say that the door gear is the most problem on this kit. Is there anybody building it right now care to share your viwe and information to me please? before I purchase the kit. Some photo pictres with detail will be more better. at less I had some idea where should I start before this kit ship in.

X-Spec
X-spec is offline Find More Posts by X-spec
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:19 AM
Col.Hooligan Air Force
Phoenix,Arizona
Joined Jul 2001
1,205 Posts
Do a search on RCU ...There is a build thread there from last year
Semper Fi
joe
uncljoe is offline Find More Posts by uncljoe
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:10 AM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
Hi X-Spec, I personally do not own one myself just yet, but Iam on the waiting list for the soon to be released ARF big Yellow F-18. The guy to ask all about the F-18 would be Yellow Aircraft rep Shaun Evens.....maybe he will chime in on this thread and answer some of your questions. Iam pretty sure this model will fly fine on turbines with less than 45lb thrust.... a lot would depend on obviously the finished AUW of the model as to which turbines would be options. As to epoxy or polyester glass work??? the early versions were indeed polyester but current kits are all epoxy composite construction as far as Iam aware....

If you do not like the idea of dealing with the gear doors ask Shaun about the soon to be released big ARF Yellow F-18 complete with fitted gear doors etc etc etc... I cant wait for that one

Cheers-
Marty C. is offline Find More Posts by Marty C.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 08:28 PM
Joined May 2004
121 Posts
Thank You UncleJoe & Mr Marty.C for the information I 'll check with Mr Shaun from Yellow Aircraft and look at RCU also. TKs!

X-Spec
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:56 PM
Joined Feb 2005
11 Posts
You can e-mail Shaun @ skyhigh315@cox.net
He will have a website up soon that has some great images of some of the nicest YA twin F/A-18's out there.
I happen to be the one building the site as we speak.
Good luck...spectacular jet.
Paul
SDCrashmaster is offline Find More Posts by SDCrashmaster
Old Mar 13, 2005, 03:28 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
Here's a Yellow FA-18 I found, powered by a JetCat P120
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Mar 13, 2005, 04:26 AM
La Porte, Texas
Joined Sep 2004
48 Posts
Mine flew great on a P160. I did not build it. It is a very old twin DF model that has been converted to single turbine. It weighs 35 pounds dry. The previous owner flew it with a Ram 750 when he first converted it and then put a Ram 1000 in it.
grbaker is offline Find More Posts by grbaker
Old Mar 13, 2005, 06:20 AM
Joined May 2004
121 Posts
Wow! Nice picture on the F/A F-18 thanks! Downwind3Zero, and to Mr Paul spectacular information also on how to reach Mr Shaun Thank a lot too and also to grbaker Hmmmm.........install a P160 how much thrust on this Jetcat turbine? Was AMT Olympus HP( High Power ) too much for this plane? I was been told it needed at less 45Lbs thrust to powering it well?? .............

X-Spec. THANKS! Everybody.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 09:52 AM
Joined May 2004
121 Posts
HI! Downwind3Zero ,

Can you please show me your F-18 Twin spec? What 's the different between this two version? The Polyerter fiber glass & Epoxy gel composite any weight issue on it? How about the new ARF version anyone built already?

X-Spec.Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2005, 04:48 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
X-Spec, sorry, the picture in my post belongs to a fellow RC'er, can't give you any other info that posted above.
Chris
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Mar 16, 2005, 09:19 AM
Joined May 2004
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero
X-Spec, sorry, the picture in my post belongs to a fellow RC'er, can't give you any other info that posted above.
Chris
That 's O.K. thanks.

X-spec