HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Hooters Driver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 09:46 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jun 2003
465 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
64" Wingspan Sterling PT-17 Stearman

I said I would never sell this plane but I'm about to move and once I do I won't have any place to keep it. The plane is a Sterling Models 64" wingspan PT-17 that was built back in the late 60's but never had an engine or radio gear added to it. It was originally designed for a .60 to .75 sized two stroke engine but most that I have seen built were flown with .90 size engines. My plan was to use an Axi 4130 motor in it.

As I mentioned the plane was completely built and covered back in the 60's but the final details (outer wing struts, windshields, radial engine, etc.) were never finished up. The plane comes with the original plans, the radial engine, an optional spun aluminum cowl, the original box, and a good bit of extra wood. Since the plane has been in storage for 30 some odd years the covering isn't perfect and needs to be either repaired in a few places or stripped and completely recovered. Over-all this is a great model and with a little work it would look great to display or could easily be finished and ready to fly with a few nights worth of work.

Because this plane is so large I would prefer to sell it locally. If that doesn't work out expect the shipping to be expensive. I'll try to get some pictures posted by tomorrow evening. I'll take $275 plus shipping for it.
Hooters Driver is offline Find More Posts by Hooters Driver
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:11 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Trader Rating: 250
Pictures?
hole digger is offline Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2005, 04:16 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jun 2003
465 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Pictures as promised. The plane has been stored upstairs for about a year so it's dusty but will clean up nicely.
Hooters Driver is offline Find More Posts by Hooters Driver
Closed Thread