HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2002, 07:44 PM
Tarpon Springs, FL
Joined Feb 2001
80 Posts
What to do with my Zagi's guts?

Recovered my Zagi with Monokote. I looks good, black on bottom, white on top. Well my old setup was all black and the only way to tell top from bottom was the white foam on the bottom (I no longer have the foam on there). Well on my maiden voyage I got confused what side was up because I was so used to the 'side with the color in the middle' being the bottom and now the white top with the black battery cover made me think it was the bottom. Full throttle nose-nive into the pavement.

The foam wing is good, but I'm going to need to uncover it to get to the servos/etc and fix this so I'd rather just take all the electronics and put them in something new (I'm somewhat disheartened that I got 5 minutes of flight and now I'll have to mess with the covering). What kind of creations do they have for speed 400's? Does anyone have a fan-fold project maybe? Any suggestions?

Has the Zagi motor been re-timed or can I just reverse polarity to switch to a tractor configuration? Thanks for any suggestions.

- Joe
Joe B is offline Find More Posts by Joe B
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2002, 06:04 AM
La Grange, Georgia, United States
Joined Nov 2001
797 Posts
Joe,

Build a 52" Zagnutz from fan fold foam. Real similar to a Zagi so all your gear should go right into it!

http://home1.gte.net/texhills/index.html

Lots of happy people flying this easy to build design.
emoone is offline Find More Posts by emoone
Old Mar 25, 2002, 04:48 PM
Tarpon Springs, FL
Joined Feb 2001
80 Posts
What about the motor?

Can I reverse the polarity of the motor (or un-reverse it as in stock form it is wired with reversed polarity)? I am thinking of a fan-fold bipe and am wondering if this will work in a tractor config.

- Joe
Joe B is offline Find More Posts by Joe B
Old Mar 25, 2002, 06:17 PM
small electrics r BIG FUN
Iowa
Joined Aug 2000
4,313 Posts
Hi Joe

Yes, if you have stock 6v 400 motor it should be neutrally timed for either rotation. Just switch the leads on the motor.

Al

Oh, can't comment on home-builts, but a pico jet is a lot of fun after a zagi, and uses the same gear.
Al P is offline Find More Posts by Al P
Old Mar 26, 2002, 04:50 AM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,510 Posts
That's why I use the packing tape to cover, re-cover, re-recover.... VERY easy to repair
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2