SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2005, 11:12 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
no more pull start or roto start bikes

Well if you seen some of the pics of my bikes all the fly wheels are the out of the chassis.While the spur gear is on the inside of the chassis.
I'm going to try my best to explain this process the best way i can.Dudes i'm not some kind of brain at all. I don't i'm stupid ,just simple minded. Anyway traxxas makes this nut that fits over the standard long crank.It also fit through the associated gt truck fly wheel cone.

I use the traxxas tmax clutch bell because they use 7x11 size bearing.this size bearing fits over the picco motor engine shaft.So you would put the clutch bell first, you might have to use some washers to space it.To keep the clutch bell from rubbing against the engine crank.Then you take the first nut on the crank,tighten it just enough so you'll have very little play for clutch side to side movement.Then apply some washers behind that as needed so that the fly wheel does not rub against the clutch bell then add the second nut which is the traxxas nut.OH add ca or lock tight to first and second nut.If you don't have a bump start you'll need one. the votes are in i'm stupid....sorry guys its past my bedtime,have to try again tomorrow.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Last edited by swheels; Nov 24, 2006 at 10:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2005, 02:36 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
I gotta question. Are you using a pilot/SG shafted motor or just a motor with a long regular threaded shaft?? And what kind of bike is that, RG1, Berg, or something you came up with? Thats and interesting looking frame.
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Mar 07, 2005, 03:06 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
The bike in the picture i like to call the cheap rg1 knock off. but you can do this to a sg shaft also.Im going to a break down of the sg shaft.pretty much the same process.when i get home from wor more pics.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels