HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2005, 08:36 AM
Duck and Cover
Ohio
Joined Nov 2004
6 Posts
Easy Star Question on Build

I am building my new easy star and I was wondering if it will work ok if I use stripping tape to attache the two fuse halfs togther rather than glue incase I want to take it apart after the first couple of flights, and then glue it. I have looked in the Giant collection of threads but just get lost in it.
SkDmRkLcY is offline Find More Posts by SkDmRkLcY
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2005, 09:23 AM
mrX
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jan 2005
330 Posts
Most people I think are using double-sided poster tape, and then reinforcing with a strap/duct type tape along the nose seam and bottom edge.
mrX is offline Find More Posts by mrX
Old Mar 05, 2005, 10:09 AM
Joined Jan 2003
1,421 Posts
Related Thread
aeropal is offline Find More Posts by aeropal
Old Mar 05, 2005, 04:45 PM
Duck and Cover
Ohio
Joined Nov 2004
6 Posts
Thanks, I used that method and we will see how it goes.

I have another Question are the rudder and elevator supposed to be all one piece, or am I supposed the top or edges so it hinges with the rest of the foam. It says nothing in the manual about this.
Old Mar 06, 2005, 07:07 AM
this space available
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2004
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkDmRkLcY
I have another Question are the rudder and elevator supposed to be all one piece, or am I supposed the top or edges so it hinges with the rest of the foam.
Not sure what you are asking, can you rephrase the question?

Joe
Joe_Atlanta is offline Find More Posts by Joe_Atlanta
Old Mar 06, 2005, 09:57 AM
Duck and Cover
Ohio
Joined Nov 2004
6 Posts
I found what I was looking for I think. The Rudder control surface was not cut out at all, the rudder and control surface were all one piece of foam no cuts at all. Am I supposed to cut out the top notch to let the rest of the control surface move back and forth. Same is true for the elevator.
Old Mar 06, 2005, 02:47 PM
this space available
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2004
418 Posts
Correct. Cut top of rudder, left and right side of elevator, leave the other compressed foam areas as hinges. Work the control surfaces by hand 20-30 times to loosen them up.

More tips are at: Detract's Easy Star fan page. There's a lot of good info collected from the ongoing EZ Star thread (in the Foamies section) on Detract's page. You should also check out Tyber's page, which has an annotated build sequence: http://www.tyber.com/easystar/

Joe
Joe_Atlanta is offline Find More Posts by Joe_Atlanta