Closed Thread
Old Mar 02, 2005, 07:20 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
The ParkZone P51 RTF or ARF????

This is to have a little vote on what people would rather see.
An RTF P51 or and ARF P51 from ParkZone

for those who are nto sure who ParkZone is.

ParkZone is a sister companie to HobbyZone. They started marketing kits in a ready to fly form for people in the beginner to advanced beginner group.

The radio equipment they use is a propriety system on 27 mhz (USA) in which is also the same frequency range used by Radio shack toys, Walmart toys, Kmart toys etc and is also a frequency range that is highly not recomended for control RC flight by the AMA on AMA club fields. The servos are of a 5 wire design which means they can not be used with other radio systems other then the ParkZone system and you can not use anything but ParkZone radio equipment in any of their models unless you completely change over everything. The receiver is a combination receiver/speedcontrol which is not capable of operating brushless motors and it has a Peak rate of around 15 amps so this may also be a limiting factor for some.

Some of the current models they have on the market are the J3 Cub, Slo V (similar to the gws slow stick or the great plains yard stick), Super Decathalon, F27 Stryker and their latest release is going to be a P51 Mustang (not even close to a beginner model).

Here is a hyperlink directly to the ParkZone site---->>>>http://www.parkzone.com
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
Last edited by Rat; Mar 02, 2005 at 11:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2005, 07:26 PM
a really nice guy, really
Phoenix Intl, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
3,200 Posts
You didnt have a "scrap the idea" vote....
Ralph Brekan is offline Find More Posts by Ralph Brekan
Old Mar 02, 2005, 07:38 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
Nope, it is a nice looking model but I think it should be made an ARF type kit for reasons I discussed in the first thread.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 07:41 PM
Jody Bradshaw
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,061 Posts
Make both, then everyone is happy.
JMBRAD is offline Find More Posts by JMBRAD
Old Mar 02, 2005, 09:10 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Do we really need ANOTHER P-51? That said if I have to own one it would be a BARF... errrrr I mean ARF. You can keep the "toy" TX and RX

Marketing take note. If you build something NEW there will be less room for scrutiny. People just might be willing to purchase a RTF if it was something unique... like a PBY just to name one plane!

Just my 2 cents.

Now bring on the Zero so we can trash it next!!!

Tommy
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Mar 02, 2005, 10:53 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
Only 19 votes and 63 views??????? Come on people, everyone please vote and let ParkZone know which you would perfer from them. You do not need to reply unless you are not sure who Parkzone is.
Old Mar 03, 2005, 08:28 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
The most interesting thing about this whole ParkZone debate is the way people have turned around on the PZ radio gear.

I can't find the threads, but do remember a number pf people recommending using ParkZone gear in GWS planes as the perfect set up.
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Mar 03, 2005, 10:55 AM
Cal
San Gabriel, California
Joined Aug 2004
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase
The most interesting thing about this whole ParkZone debate is the way people have turned around on the PZ radio gear.

I can't find the threads, but do remember a number pf people recommending using ParkZone gear in GWS planes as the perfect set up.
I think it called "learning", Basketcase.........
Cal is offline Find More Posts by Cal
Old Mar 03, 2005, 11:53 AM
Parkzone Fan
London Canada
Joined Apr 2004
235 Posts
Ya I am using my Cub gear in the GWS Mustang....working out ok so far. Its not done yet though and has not maidened
bobcagen is offline Find More Posts by bobcagen
Old Mar 03, 2005, 12:23 PM
Outcast outlaw
As far away from RCGroups and the AMA as possible!
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
LOL -- I vote for both, but what makes you think ParkZone is even going to SEE this poll (much less care about it)?
Red 61 is offline Find More Posts by Red 61
Old Mar 03, 2005, 01:20 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
So far it looks like the majority of the users would rather see ParkZone make an ARF kit or Both so they can please everyone.

Basketcase, I find the ParkZone gear is more intuned to the beginner pilots and it works well for that but once the beginner graduates into the advanced beginner to intermediate status then the ParkZone gear is lacking.

I personally think the ParkZone gear should be left for the absolute beginner models such as the HobbyZone level one planes and some of the easier level 2 planes.
Old Mar 03, 2005, 01:22 PM
a really nice guy, really
Phoenix Intl, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
3,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytorino
Do we really need ANOTHER P-51? That said if I have to own one it would be a BARF... errrrr I mean ARF. You can keep the "toy" TX and RX

Just my 2 cents.

Now bring on the Zero so we can trash it next!!!

Tommy
LOL! Thats exactly what I was thinking. Thats why the struyker was so sucessful. Its ficticious and unique. The closing thing to it is a Multiplex MicroJet (which is smaller).

Am RTF P51 coming to a market saturated with Mustangs is about as attractive as the Decathalon for teh same reasons. Theres impatient guys out there that will love the RTF for all the RTF reasons.

Sureflight is back up and running and is currently packing up P51 bARF kits and I've got one on back order Powered by a AXI2820 that baby will rock! I'm not as crafty as Tommy and Red; so kit builds (covereds sticks) are way off in the future for me.

But If I'm going to blow 180 bucks its going to be on a Jeti ESC and a AXI2820 and NOT one of these.
Ralph Brekan is offline Find More Posts by Ralph Brekan
Old Mar 03, 2005, 07:08 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
Keep the votes coming folks. dribbe will see this some time if I have to send him a link to the thread or send a link to the thread to Parkzone directly via email
Old Mar 03, 2005, 08:21 PM
It'll work this time!
Deep in the heart of Texas
Joined May 2003
733 Posts
Dude, get over it.

PZ has the right to make whatever they want. You don't have to buy it.

If you don't like it, buy GWS.

Or better yet, buy Alfa. Then you'll have a Mustang that's really worth the money.

Don't waste your time whining because a company won't cater to your desires. Especially when there's several other companies out there who already do.
The Commodore is offline Find More Posts by The Commodore
Old Mar 03, 2005, 08:56 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat
Keep the votes coming folks. dribbe will see this some time if I have to send him a link to the thread or send a link to the thread to Parkzone directly via email
Don't be silly! I read all of this repetitive stuff.
I even voted (for both).

There is no benefit in repeating what is already said and noted.

D. Ribbe
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread