SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 02, 2005, 12:17 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Nov 2004
118 Posts
My new $49 Century Bell Jet Ranger

Thanks to Rysium for alerting us about Century's Clearance sale. I was fortunate enough to get one ordered before they sold out (1/2 price Rules!) I said I would post a pic when it arrived, but i figured it was just easier to link to my website which has a handful of pics of both my regular Hummingbird V1 and my new Bell Jet Ranger V2.

http://www.geocities.com/theguitardude

Click on the main picture on front page to link to more pics. Hopefully have the ranger airborne within 2 weeks.

Pictures DO NOT do this bird justice. It looks soooooooo much better in person than in any pics i've ever seen.

Thanks for looking.

Dave
guitardude007 is offline Find More Posts by guitardude007
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2005, 12:55 PM
Joined Nov 2004
118 Posts
Ok, stupid geocities isn't working at the moment. Here's a couple of pics in the meantime......
Old Mar 02, 2005, 01:20 PM
Joined Nov 2004
118 Posts
There! Now geocities is back up, for those interested in clicking the link. Since this post I had my first flight on the V1 with the G10 frame/gear. It looks so much better with this upgrade. I STRONGLY recommend this upgrade to anyone flying these micros as it is much stronger, better looking and no more fixing those little sticks!!! Not to mention the added room for organizing your electronics (especially if going seperates.

Just my 2 cents.

Dave
Old Mar 02, 2005, 03:58 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Colwyn Bay, North Wales, UK
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Looks good!!!

Does anyone know where you can buy the G-10 from, apart from helihobby and from Mario himself?

thanks, Duane
Minimole is offline Find More Posts by Minimole
Old Mar 02, 2005, 11:21 PM
Joined Nov 2004
118 Posts
Thanks Duane

As far as I have found, those are the only two sources. I ordered mine from helihobby and the transaction went flawlessly and it was delivered to my door 3 days later.

Dave
Old Mar 03, 2005, 10:24 AM
Why not Delta?
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jun 2003
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardude007
There! Now geocities is back up, for those interested in clicking the link.
I like your CF stick head stiffener. Easy and clean. Please post it also in RC-Groups just in case geocities goes down again.

I need it as head flexes so much that sometimes blade hits the tail boom and cut off vertical fins. I had one strike again today morning making a piruette. Can you believe that? Helicopter was flying 6ft above the floor and it hit the tail with blades. Now I have a big hole in the middle of the tail boom

RysiuM
rysium is offline Find More Posts by rysium
Old Mar 03, 2005, 11:10 AM
Joined Nov 2004
118 Posts
Sorry to hear of the boomstrikes RysiuM. Especially on that new scale heli.
And here is the head stiffener mod from my website :

Make your own head stiffener

Use carbon rod from your broken landing gear. Cut 2 pieces equal length - the same length as the main rotor yoke (head). Place a rubber stop (from landing gear) on each end of each piece you just cut. CA the rods into place in the grooves on top of the stock head.
Old Mar 03, 2005, 11:12 AM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Colwyn Bay, North Wales, UK
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardude007
Thanks Duane

As far as I have found, those are the only two sources. I ordered mine from helihobby and the transaction went flawlessly and it was delivered to my door 3 days later.

Dave
Thanks, I did have a link to saomewhere else that sold them, but Ive lost it now...

Yeah, its just that becuase Im abroad, I dont really want to oder from them.

Duane
Minimole is offline Find More Posts by Minimole
Old Mar 03, 2005, 11:58 PM
Joined Nov 2004
118 Posts
Hey Rysium,

Post in here if you try that head stiffener mod. It has worked great for me and I'd like to hear from anyone else who tries the basically free head stiffener from parts you have just laying around.

Dave
Old Mar 04, 2005, 01:38 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,192 Posts
It is a no-brainer to cut one out of the side "margin" of a copper PCB board. I made four in one session.
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Mar 04, 2005, 02:59 AM
Why not Delta?
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jun 2003
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonystott
It is a no-brainer to cut one out of the side "margin" of a copper PCB board. I made four in one session.
The CF sticks is quite cool idea. Everybody knows the stiffner plate-type. This on is just cool

However I made today clasical (plate type) as Stick will only prevent from flexing up. My main problem is the tail boom strike - means blades were flexing down.

Here is the picture of "patched" tail - you can still see the crack under the tape, and my new head stiffener.

RysiuM
rysium is offline Find More Posts by rysium