SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2005, 12:31 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
Northrup F-5 catapult/static display model as a pusher?

Just happened to spot a sale by Easytiger (F-5 Auction)

I haven't seen anything on converting these to a pusher configuration.

What would it take and how hard is it?

Should the wings be redone, say in depron? Also, do all those stringers have to be there?

Obviously, the key item to do would be to replace the entire wood with the lightest contest-grade that I could get my hands on.
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2005, 06:37 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined May 2004
5,194 Posts
Hi byrocat,
If you want to go depron, go with jetsett44's T-38 with the F-5 conversion.
It is easy to build, Flies nice, and looks real nice in the air. Oh, and did I mention the plans are free!
Victor
TBolt is online now Find More Posts by TBolt
Old Mar 02, 2005, 06:44 PM
IAMCANADIAN
Canada, BC, Squamish
Joined Jul 2002
4,744 Posts
13" span? Guillows? Maybe an indoor pusher. The problem is all those formers get in the way of all the stuff you need to stuff into it for RC. I started a Guillows RYAN Spririt of St. Louis and ended designing my own fuse and wing, and using my own wood for the tails. I've used the Guillows plans and I'll probably use the decals.
Grejen is offline Find More Posts by Grejen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Learn the ICAO alphabet anyone?
Old Mar 02, 2005, 11:02 PM
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Jan 2002
54 Posts
Today's Models/Hobbies

It is a Today's Models/Hobbies F-5...pretty good size and can be built light. Originally it was a catapult glider. Pretty good price if it goes for under 10 dollars. I seem to remember paying $25 for mine. Unfortunately it is still in the box. Don't see why you couldn't make it a pusher, but a EDF would prove very difficult unless you scaled it up a bit.
PPLJR is offline Find More Posts by PPLJR
Old Mar 29, 2005, 02:05 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
Where do you get these kits now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPLJR
It is a Today's Models/Hobbies F-5...pretty good size and can be built light. Originally it was a catapult glider. Pretty good price if it goes for under 10 dollars. I seem to remember paying $25 for mine. Unfortunately it is still in the box. Don't see why you couldn't make it a pusher, but a EDF would prove very difficult unless you scaled it up a bit.
Any idea on where I could find them? Ebay?
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat