HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:09 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,536 Posts
Come check out our site!

Me and my friend are working on a site dedicated to electric r/c planes. There are lots of pictures and videos. We have our own forums and a beginner section. Please post any comments you have in the forum since we are really in need of advice and want to know what people want to see on our site. Please stop by and check out some of our stuff. Its is updated almost daily as we record the days we fly. You can also follow the progress of our scratchbuilt IPS plane. Enjoy and don't forget to leave some feedback.

http://www.electricflightrc.com/

Thanks.
brianb10 is offline Find More Posts by brianb10
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2005, 03:28 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,202 Posts
Nice idea but I'm not sure we need any more forums particularly since yours are a bit heavy on the adverts. RCGroups will do for me.

BTW you could really do with some proof reading or spell checking. It's waste not "waist your money" and "Parkflyers" not parflyers....and there are plenty more.

Good luck with your flying. Try the floats on ice, it's a real laugh but uncovered foam won't last long.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Mar 01, 2005, 02:48 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,536 Posts
The forums are mainly for suggestions and I keep telling my friend to correct the errors, its drives me nuts. I guess ill have to do some work. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Mar 01, 2005, 02:58 PM
Frequent Flyer
Kalamazoo, MI USA
Joined Aug 2003
2,892 Posts
Have you seen your site admin's post in the "What's in your hanger?" thread?
Did someone maybe hack in and post that?
wattsup_kz is offline Find More Posts by wattsup_kz
Old Mar 01, 2005, 03:08 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,536 Posts
ok we got it under control. thanks.
Old Mar 01, 2005, 08:23 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
vids, nice of you to drop a lightbulb in the middle of a ball field hope you picked up the glass not a good idea to give to others either. seems like you all need to work on your landings most are over shot and seem to be low dips untill you hit the grass. car vids of people ramping gas rc trucks INTO people. seems like a bunch of kids with too many toys. I really like the kid stealing batters out of the mom and dads tv remote for his truck nice touch.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Last edited by mohillbilly; Mar 01, 2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2005, 08:59 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,536 Posts
Looks like you need to learn to spell.....

Anyways, which planes had rough landings? IT was probably my friend flying (;
And that baseball field is no longer in use since they developed all that land for homes.
Last edited by brianb10; Mar 01, 2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2005, 09:06 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
:ugh: I'd take down the lightbulb drop- it's a terrible idea and you don't need to be giving other kids the idea. It'll never fly (get it, FLY) with the ads and all the distracting poor grammar/spelling.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old Mar 01, 2005, 09:07 PM
Joined Nov 2003
1,536 Posts
Yes the grammar is horrible. Will definately work on that.
Old Mar 01, 2005, 09:28 PM
idk
Inver Grove Heights ,MN
Joined Jul 2004
490 Posts
Ads?? What browser do you use. I have no ads what-so-ever when I surf the site. The only one is the one at the top of the forum. No big deal, rcgroups also has an ad the top of the forum.
ripper69 is offline Find More Posts by ripper69
Old Mar 01, 2005, 11:01 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,306 Posts
Cool site

Keep up the good work. I know its not easy building and maintaining a site so good for you. If I can offer a piece of advice, I would say to offer something that you cant find anywhere else. You know, finf something that makes your site different. The ezone is a pretty cool place, no need to try and duplicate it. Find your niche. What do you have to offer? Do you have building advice ? I always thought it would be a good idea to have a forum devoted to nothing but building. I always like the threads on ezone where people build planes from start to finish. Just an idea, good luck and keep up the great work !
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Mar 02, 2005, 05:43 AM
idk
Inver Grove Heights ,MN
Joined Jul 2004
490 Posts
Thanks alot Carnifax, you are the first to compliment us so far, it is much appreciated.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 08:17 AM
Glue can fix that.
Sunny Miami
Joined May 2004
1,192 Posts
Not bad for a start.
From someone who has been building sites since the 90s, the hard part is keeping it fresh. It is a lot of work to update it constantly.

Remember: Content is King. People can tell when you have put a lot of work into it.

Carnifax is right. Try to make it reflect what you like and add more depth.
My site is primarily a build site, cuz that's what I like to do.

Add your url to your profile.

I like the flight log part.

--the brute
Brutus is offline Find More Posts by Brutus
Old Mar 02, 2005, 09:10 AM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,797 Posts
love the photos about the brigs and stratton motor after running with nitro

I agree that its hard work running anything on the net even a simple web page is mega hard work and I envy anybody that has the time and skill to make any half baked site

some of the projects are very imaginitve trailers snowploughs

Like the other guy Carnifax says you need to find your nitche

for example if your all young teenagers a serious slant in that direction would make the most sense

maybe a more proactive forum
Example how the forum group taught the local football team and cheer girls to fly Rc rather than
begginers
done by umpteen other forums

maybe a forum that has auto spell check included as I havent time to spell check every thing

The ezone started as a small thing

who knows yours might go places certanly got some whacky humerious modeling ideas
I could have done with snow plow this morning snow was on my drive way and it was cold fist in the morning clearing away the snow with a spade

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Old Mar 02, 2005, 03:05 PM
idk
Inver Grove Heights ,MN
Joined Jul 2004
490 Posts
Thanks guys for the compliments. I'm working on keeping it updated as much as possible. The flight log is a new thing as you can see, when we usually fly, the stuff gets posted later that night. arouns 7 or so.