HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 01, 2005, 01:15 AM
Chandler Stellar, Arizona, United States
Joined May 2004
394 Posts
I completely with Justin and Joe. I have also seen you out there flying and I can understand why someone might complain. PLEASE do not fly your wing at CB anymore for the time being as it could permanently ruin our ability to fly there.

In my experience the locals have had no problem what so ever with the planes, and many stop and ask questions or watch from their balconies. However it only takes one pissed off resident to get us kicked out.
rkroel is offline Find More Posts by rkroel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2005, 01:17 AM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
Doesn't matter if u can convince me to not fly mine, it not like im the only wing out there...

I don't see them complain about those jet that fly right over... and making trumendous sound. I don't see them complain about the 101... jam with car 24/7. I don't see them complain when people come out and watch us fly, and was amaze with it.

HOW LOUD can this Language context edit by moderator thing be when ur inside your house closing your door? I hope it not as loud like those jet pumping out 15000 pound of thrust.
helisfreak is offline Find More Posts by helisfreak
Last edited by Don Sims; Mar 03, 2005 at 06:16 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2005, 01:26 AM
helisfreak
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: N/A. It is temporarily hidden while helisfreak edits it.
Old Mar 01, 2005, 01:30 AM
Thermals the path to elevation
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jul 2004
3,279 Posts
Well I for one will be overly sensitive about noise at CB until the city officially grants the park e-flight status. I went out tonight to check on who was flying, and there were a number of planes and a mini-wing that was quiet. By the looks of things no one had any idea what had transpired, and all was as it should be.

I will continue to bring the scanner on weekends (when I can make it), and who ever is bringing the frequency board - THANK YOU. We had no shoot-downs this weekend that I was aware of.
RotorCycle is offline Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Old Mar 01, 2005, 01:36 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Apr 2004
476 Posts
My question is...How can anybody hear our evil flying wings with the scale aircraft flying at 800ft in the pattern to land at the airport, the kids on those abnoxious gas scooters zooming around, the cars driving 75mph on the FREEWAY 1000ft away, the traffic on Galvston, the neighbor mowing his lawn, the guy in his garage using a circular saw and on and on...I smell a conspiracy...probably just some wing hater RC pilot making crank calls to the city or dressing up like a city employee going around playing god.
asmokindeal is offline Find More Posts by asmokindeal
Old Mar 01, 2005, 01:46 AM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
Ok... thread close.
I regret to even started this thread.
Thanks all.. for the pros and cons

Mod please delete this thread if u don't mind.
helisfreak is offline Find More Posts by helisfreak
Old Mar 01, 2005, 06:26 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,319 Posts
Lets take the word "wing" out of the equation. The issue is that someone complained about the noise. Regardless of whether it's a wing or a Slow Stick if it's loud enough to attract attention it shouldn't be flown there until some sort of standards can be adopted. I love flying my MiniBOP but I know it could cause problems due to the noise. I've had no complaints yet but if I do I won't jeopardize a flying site just because I want to fly it. You have the idea that it's your right to fly it (loud plane) anywhere you want and anytime you please. Well, I guess you can. Up to the point that you get yourself and everyone else kicked out. Then what will you do?

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Mar 01, 2005, 08:30 AM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
This reminds me of the mid 80's when we used to get harrassed for flying our 60 size nitro heli's with tuned pipes. The same sound coming from a fixed wing was TOTALLY acceptable but heli's were considered evil. They knew they were wrong but they still hated change.
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old Mar 01, 2005, 09:32 AM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Good Grief I think I will stay out of this one.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Mar 01, 2005, 12:51 PM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,402 Posts
This thread is gettimg close to personal attacks. Please keep it civil.

Tony
Tony Oliver is offline Find More Posts by Tony Oliver
Old Mar 02, 2005, 02:02 PM
Robots... robots everywhere
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2003
2,060 Posts
Doesn't seem closed to me...
minifly is offline Find More Posts by minifly
Old Mar 02, 2005, 02:35 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Apr 2004
476 Posts
Its not about the noise. Just anouther excuse.
asmokindeal is offline Find More Posts by asmokindeal
Old Mar 02, 2005, 04:49 PM
Phoenix
Joined Mar 2003
859 Posts
No, it is about the noise. It is NOT about the airframe.

If we are going to continue flying there, we have to be good neighbors. Think, just for a moment, about the other guy. Don't annoy the people in the apartments and don't distract drivers on the road or the kids playing baseball. Take the complaints seriously - don't question and argue. There is no chance we can win if it comes to an argument of "rights".

And I agree with Justin. After (if) we get the field sanctioned, then we will have clear boundaries.

And I don't fly on weekend mornings anymore because people are not careful with the radios. I hope that some regulations will help that, too.
TStokes is offline Find More Posts by TStokes
Old Mar 02, 2005, 06:46 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
La la land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStokes
No, it is about the noise. It is NOT about the airframe.

If we are going to continue flying there, we have to be good neighbors. Think, just for a moment, about the other guy. Don't annoy the people in the apartments and don't distract drivers on the road or the kids playing baseball. Take the complaints seriously - don't question and argue. There is no chance we can win if it comes to an argument of "rights".

And I agree with Justin. After (if) we get the field sanctioned, then we will have clear boundaries.

And I don't fly on weekend mornings anymore because people are not careful with the radios. I hope that some regulations will help that, too.
I guess most everone on this thread havent read the ama guidelines.CB can never be sanctioned ama.To close to evthing houses roads freeways and less than 2 mi from an airport. Ama wouldnt cover squat even if the city aproved it for e flight.There are not any noise ordinances in chandler that I know of that are before 10 pm.The harleys on the freeway 500 ft away are louder than my wing.If I want to fly there I will! This is free country.I love the usa.
Chris.If they come up with new noise ordinance I will fly elsewhere.
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Mar 02, 2005, 06:59 PM
Glendale, Arizona
Joined May 2004
186 Posts
I went down there once with my MSW 250, and J 250's are pretty loud. Its right, that there are so many other things that are a lot louder than the airplanes there, like all of the things asmokindeal said. And what about the hotliners that people fly there- they are runnin like, more than 200 watts with a BL motor and going way, way high to where i cant even see them, and wing pilots dont fly that high (i dont anyway). And even import cars with the huge exhaust on it are pretty loud.

I went there once, but i think im going to stick with my local park and fly there. Its pretty darn big, and no one else flys there.

I guess that when people see something fast they hear it louder or something, or maybe people like the slow lazy flyers more because theyre less "dangerous". Kind of like insurance rates for younger people compared to rates for older people. I sure think its all stupid though.

I wish you guys good luck, and i hope the city people get less stupid.

later
Wing Destroyer is offline Find More Posts by Wing Destroyer
Closed Thread