Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
Maybe i should get myself a sail plane?

Let see,

We got airplane flyer who hate wing.
We got gas plane who hate electric.
We got city guy got complain.

What happen when you put this 3 things on one person? it equal WING HATER.

Just to let you guys that fly at Chandler Bowl.... and expecially WING, they going to kick our ass out. I was flying my raider just now, it not even that fast and that loud (hummm, kontronik 400, 3s2 pack lipos ) WAS about to go 4s...I mean.. there are some other just twice as my speed, like those mini jet i saw flying the other day, sound twice louder. And it just happen to be me. ****.

City guys came out said they were getting complain that we're so loud, to dangerous, but they forgot something... to FURIUS...? what make they think wing are more dangerous then a 40 inch 3d airplane with a big PROP on front and the prop doesn't break and poke someone eyes out.

I was like... ok.... then at the end of the conversation... i found that the guy is a flyer also.. to bad he fly gas airplane ONLY somewhere in the desert.

GREAT. I was in the process of building a 24 inch speed wing... guess what?
And now.. it going to have to sit on the wall until i can find a desert to fly at. how sad is this.

One more thing.. im glad they didn't call Air Force and use like a F-15 to shoot me down... but if they were, they will miss...
Unacceptable language removed by moderator.
helisfreak is offline Find More Posts by helisfreak
Last edited by Don Sims; Mar 03, 2005 at 06:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2005, 05:38 PM
Just fly the darn wing!!!
Germany, NRW, Herford
Joined Oct 2003
2,210 Posts
There are always people like everywhere....it's just a matter of finding the right spot and being calm about it. Inform yourself if it's prohibited to fly your plane where you fly it now. If it's not, keep flying if you don't mind some confrontation. If it is prohibited, seek another spot.

I found the best spots close to my home because i got kicked out of a field much further away for no real sane reason.
ScYcS is offline Find More Posts by ScYcS
Old Feb 28, 2005, 05:40 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jul 2004
3,279 Posts
helisfreak - post this in the Chandler Bowl v5 newsgroup so people know what's going on. It's true some of the wings are loud and VERY fast, but the complaint(s) probably came from a small number or people, maybe even one. My thoughts are over the weekend someone saw the high-powered wings doing unlimited vertical climbs and streaking across the sky at 100 mph+.

We don't want this complaint to stop the process of turning Chandler Bowl into an official electric fly park. If it does go official, you will need an AMA card, there will be a landing area and a flight line to improve safety. Then it's a matter of training/educating the electric flyers on basic flight rules. This will also help with our channel crashing.
RotorCycle is offline Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Old Feb 28, 2005, 05:46 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
Doesn't matter if the field will be pass for elctric flying field or not.. .what i know is WING will not be pass..... hahahaa..

So your saying that i should keep flying... untill they pass the law and post that ir prohibit?
y
Old Feb 28, 2005, 05:53 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,279 Posts
I wish I was there to ask the city person more details about the complaint. Was it simply noise from the high-powered wings? Flying out of the park and over the flight-line? Or the vertical climbs that grabbed someone's attention?

If we're breaking a noise ordinance, then loud e-planes can't fly until this is straightened out. But if it's something else we need to know before wings just go out and start flying. Your wing is not that loud, so he must have latched onto you since it was a wing airfoil he saw flying.

My Unicorn wing is so quiet you can't hear the speed-400 motor from across the field, and its top speed is typical of any speed-400 aircraft except in a dive. So we need some more information.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 05:56 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
He said someone was complain of the loud sound... i never never fly over top of those appartment.. i don't want to lose my plane to.

He said someone stick the phone out the window while talking to him.. and it sound like GAS airplane... (i don't know what the hell they were talking about.)

Today..he was just being nice and ask me... and i was being nice enough to stop.. but i don't think it offcially law... if i is.. there will be a sign...

NO WING!

Your wing would be fine... but not sure why u would want to fly a wing slow...
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:07 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,279 Posts
So it's noise, and we're down to a decibal (DB) issue like Cave Creek put in place for the motorcycle riders. We need to take the first step by moving the props away from the wing trailing-edge as far as possible. This is where most of the noise is produced. This may be enough, or we'll have Chandler out there with a DB-meter to issue disturbing the peace tickets.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:18 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helisfreak
So your saying that i should keep flying... untill they pass the law and post that ir prohibit?
y
WRONG! If there is even one complaint that's all it takes to snowball into a situation that will keep everyone from flying there. The simple solution is to stop flying wings or any louder than normal planes there at least until the city has given their official OK to use the park for RC purposes. Then we still have to respect the privacy and noise limitations that the local residents deserve. A DB limit will have to be adopted and adhered to. I have a MiniBOP that I have always had reservations about flying there as it is much louder than any of my other planes. Now that I hear about this complaint I won't fly it there again. PLEASE! find another place to fly your plane. Don't be the one person that ruins it for everyone else. Just because there isn't a law yet or a sign prohibiting it don't continue to iritate a resident to the point of filing a formal complaint. This will be bad for everyone.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Feb 28, 2005, 09:15 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
Personal attack removed by moderator

You started to [B]Language context edit[B] me off... why don't wing deserve the kind of repect other plane does? just because it has no rudder? to easy to fly?
Maybe asking to lower down the sound, but ur now asking us not to fly to ruin everyone ? We are on the same damn ship.. and now because the ship is to heavy? and you have to kick some of the wing people out?

Let me tell you something.. i will try my best to lower down the sound... but i won't be stop flying untill they offcially post a BAN sign (prove by LAW) If u really got a problem with that... go call the city out just like every other one.
Last edited by Don Sims; Mar 03, 2005 at 06:14 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 09:41 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,319 Posts
Re-read my post. The MiniBOP is also considered a wing. AND it's loud. After seeing that you've been warned I decided flying mine there again won't happen. Although I haven't flown there in a few months I like having the option of being able to fly my other planes there. I'd hate to have it put off limits like all of the parks in Mesa just because someone wants to be irresponsible and risk having everyone tossed out. I don't have anything against wings but obviously a local resident does. If you continue to iritate them and get the park closed then you won't be the only one pissed off. You'll have all the regular flyers pissed and looking for you. Don't get mad at me. I'm just trying to get you to look at it from a global perspective.

Joe
Old Feb 28, 2005, 09:46 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,279 Posts
This is a noise issue, and had nothing to do specifically with wings. Helisfreak, if you see that city employee again, ask him what our guidlines should be for a flying noise level. We need some type of direction, and can't make this a subjective measurement on what type of plane can or can't fly at Chandler Bowl. It can't be a ban on all wings, since some wings are quieter than prop planes. Then where do you draw the line - all pusher planes like ElectroJets and Strykers.

Again, I think this may have come about from one very loud plane. We can take care of this and make all parties happy.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:33 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,319 Posts
The noise is just part of the issue. Defiance of a complaint from a local is the last thing needed right now. With the possibility of Chandler actually supporting the bowl as a designated RC flying area being worked on by the city council a citizen complaint could destroy everything! Everyone should be walking on eggshells until this goes through. The last time I flew there I was shot down because someone just walked up and turned on their TX. Because there are no guidelines and no structure the chances of being thrown out or worse yet...someone getting hurt are so much higher. Luckily I have a place to fly but I look forward to going back to the CB soon. Hopefully it will be city backed and there will be a club so that it works for everyone. After flying there for two years I'd hate to see it closed to flyers.

Joe
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:58 PM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
If it was not for CB I would not have continued to fly. I come out from Scottsdale just to fly with a great group of guys that are actually friendly compared to alot of the other gassers I have come across. Also, everyone at CB always seems to just want to have a good time, why ruin it? Lets sort this out calmly. Most of the planes, wings or not using a small prop will make a bunch of noise. There has to be other options.
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Mar 01, 2005, 12:30 AM
The Magician.
Lucas, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,849 Posts
OK, as a Wing manufacturer and the V.P. of CASL (the club that is actively trying to help keep the CB open for electric/un-powered flight) I'll add my opinion to the disaster.

1-If it is loud enough to generate complaints...Don't fly it at the CB. No matter what type of airframe it is.

I do not fly some of my wings at the CB for this very reason. I do not want to ruin everything for everyone else!

2-If complaints become an issue, CASL's hard work, not to mention the hard work of the AMA and the City of Chandler, will be for not.

We are in a VERY special position. It is rare for a city to be interested in supporting our types of activities. Most just outright ban the use of our aircraft. We do not want to lose this chance to have REAL city support.

3-flying until you see a law posted that bans your type of aircraft will not only affect you and your choice of aircraft, but everyone else too. The city will not place a ban on just one type of aircraft (wings in this case) but all R/C aircraft because they do not draw a line between the two.

It will be very irresponsible to continue to buck the system at this point.

Please do us all a favor and curtail your use of loud, complaint generating aircraft at the CB until the deal is worked out for the benefit of the masses.

Asbestos undies on…Flame away!!!

Justin Ammon
CASL V.P.
CEO EdgeRC Inc.
www.CASL.net
www.EdgeRC.com
birdofprey is offline Find More Posts by birdofprey
Old Mar 01, 2005, 01:08 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
We are having a wing gettogether on sat at glitch bowl.Anyone?
We might aswell ban the lawn mowers and leaf blowers too.The dangerous aspect about chandler bowl is the people switching on transmitters without checking with others.And the mouths that are louder than the wings sometimes,What about them? You are at risk just going there.Somthing needs to be done there one way or another.IMHO.Some known obstacles are Freeway,Apartments,Baseball games, soccer games,Great place to fly LOL.
Chris
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Closed Thread