HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:38 PM
Hey y'all... watch this!
Bellevue, WA
Joined Jan 2004
852 Posts
Scale electric models used in "The Aviator"

I thought this was worthy of a new thread. This is the same post I placed in the thread "The greatest airplane movie of all time is..."

I stumbled upon a news article about the model airplanes used in the movie The Aviator. Here is what MSNBC had to say.
This led me to discover Aero Telemetry website with more info about the models they built for the film.

Then I discovered the website AviatorFX.com.
Look under the heading "Visual Effects" for two awesome videos of the huge scale electric models used in the film.
You should browse around the site for lots cool still images about the film and about the scale models in the film.

Note... the scale model of the Spruce Goose was over 300 lbs with a wing span of over 12 feet!

Good stuff...
Rex A Lott is offline Find More Posts by Rex A Lott
to remove ads between posts