HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2002, 02:01 AM
norway
Joined Mar 2002
48 Posts
before i fly, any advice on the K&A mig15 ?

Hi
Im about to finish the Mig 15 from K&A and i dont want to ruin the model as it leaves the ramp first time.is there anyting i chould
watch out for regarding CG,flight control throws etc etc.
.i have installed an 90mm JEPE spider fan 2,5 wind in to it.
I know its not the best fan regarding intake size but it was the one i had at the moment.I left out the intake divider and grinded out some more and came out with about 75mm opening.I use it with 15 cp1700,so i think it will give enough thrust.Weight is on the heavy side with about 63 oz.
made also removable wings(small car).

TIA
Terje
terje s is offline Find More Posts by terje s
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2002, 06:56 AM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,592 Posts
terje:
it will be a rocket with that combo and weight!
c.g. is 157mm measured from the leading edge wing root. recomended control throws work well.
Herb and i have both had some problems with the fuse formers delaminating at high speeds.it's an easy fix with some carbon fiber tows glued around the joint. we also reinforced the frt fuse and bottom ( it's a little thin there).
got any pic's of yours?..........gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Mar 22, 2002, 09:49 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,929 Posts
Wow Gregg, that pic makes me want to work on my Mig. I can't make it to LA jets this weekend unless I come on Sunday, so I guess I'll just stay home and work on my Mig, gotta get it ready for the Dixie Jet Rally in St George, Utah in May.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Mar 22, 2002, 10:33 AM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Waldrep
Wow Gregg, that pic makes me want to work on my Mig. I can't make it to LA jets this weekend unless I come on Sunday, so I guess I'll just stay home and work on my Mig, gotta get it ready for the Dixie Jet Rally in St George, Utah in May.
hi Ed: the red one is mine, the silver/red mig is Herb's. get it ready and join us at d.j's "jets in the bay" in san diego on may 11..........gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Mar 22, 2002, 11:23 AM
norway
Joined Mar 2002
48 Posts
Hi Gregg
i dont have any pictures yet since the paintwork on the fuse is
coming on this weekend.I plan to have mine red all over as yours,
with the Smirnoff logos as on the Smirnoff mig 17`s.a friend of
mine is trying to make them this week.i will post pictures as soon it is finished.

Terje
terje s is offline Find More Posts by terje s