HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:45 PM
NooB Crash Expert
Boston
Joined Jan 2005
78 Posts
Can anyone help me troubleshoot my dead br?

Hi. My br has been dead for about a week or so. I am wondering if anyone could help me troubleshoot it. I'd appreciate the help.

The battery seems to have a charge.
I seriously doubt the tx has a problem.
The tx 9v is ok.
One of the wires to the tail rotor motor got cut. I resoldered it, but I haven't checked continuity yet.

I am afraid that the circuit board or one of the components is fried, but I'd like to do what I can to exclude other possibilities.

Thanks,

Steve
webcrawler is offline Find More Posts by webcrawler
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2005, 11:19 PM
NooB Crash Expert
Boston
Joined Jan 2005
78 Posts
Uh, I had another idea right after I turned off my pc. Ugh. The idea is for maybe preventing static discharge from frying the circuit board, for those of us who have had to remove the fuselage (voiding the warrantee, I'm sure).

If you have one of those static-free bags that pc cards come in, or if you can get an extra one from a pc store, you can cut out a slice starting at one of the edges big enough to tape over the battery and the circuit board. I think that ought to prevent accidental discharges.

Steve
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:46 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
I've heard a few people have had trouble with the on/off switch, if it fails then you get no juice to the circuit board. You might check that out. Some people rig up a plug between the battery and circuit board and bypass the switch.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Feb 28, 2005, 03:02 PM
NooB Crash Expert
Boston
Joined Jan 2005
78 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Tres. I'll check it out. I wonder how I would isolate the switch to test it without desoldering it? Maybe if I could figure out which one was negative, I could find someplace on the board to test the two switch positions. Let me know if you can think of something. I really know very little about ciruitry and circuit troubleshooting.

The switch *was* damaged in one of my first crashes , but it worked after that. It looked like some plastic housing on the switch and the charger socket got broken off.

Thanks,
Steve
Last edited by webcrawler; Feb 28, 2005 at 03:08 PM.