HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2005, 01:06 PM
Pro Bro #1008
USA, TX, Weatherford
Joined Sep 2003
4,676 Posts
can you guys help me with a little info please?

i found a guy wanting to trade a bunch of my e-foamie plane stuff for a little heli..well..not soo little..it is a shogun..he has had it for a while and it has been beat up some in his learning 3D stuff, but it is all put back together basically stock with busted parts replaced with new...

he is willing to leave the 2025-4200 motor on there as well as the gyro...and that is what i am asking about..

it is a "MS Heading-Hold" gyro...is pretty small little thing..he is keeping his futaba 401 or whatever and has this to give me..it is supposedly NIP and he says it cost him about $100...

i could find that deetee sells it, but i could not fiund much info at all about this.....

is this thing any good..? if it were good, wouldn't he have used it? i have a phx-25 and 3S 2200's and a 6-ch. sombra i can put on this thing along with a bunch of 6-gram blue bird servos...but that gyro is bothering me..

i don't know who makes MS or anything much about heli's in general..i got rid of my FP Draganfly as fast as i could..

any info would be helpful..

thank you!

birdie
birdie_in_texas is offline Find More Posts by birdie_in_texas
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2005, 02:49 PM
Houston
Joined Jun 2004
210 Posts
Don't know much about the MS HH gyro, but if you want rock solid performance you will want the Futaba 240, or 401 gyro. It is worth it.
T_MECO is offline Find More Posts by T_MECO
Old Feb 24, 2005, 03:06 PM
Sponsered By My Wallet!
Colwyn Bay, North Wales, UK
Joined May 2004
5,559 Posts
By the way, MS is the make, I think it stands for ModelSport, and the gyro is probably the MS-044, but Im not certain.

Duane
Minimole is offline Find More Posts by Minimole
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:11 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
There has been thread about this gyro. I run this gyro on my heli and it's fine, the tail is steady. Ocassionally readjust the rudder a bit. I don't do any 3D stuff (newbie) and I don't have the Futaba one so I don't know how they are different compared to each other
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran