SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2005, 02:40 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2001
145 Posts
Anyone attending GWS Tiger Moth Fun Fly at the Illawarra Club in April?

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone on this forum will be attending the GWS Tiger Moth Fun Fly at the Illawarra Club on the 17th of April 2005?

I dont have the full details handy of the event but can obtain them if anyone wants to know more .

But its basically a pylon racing event featuring only GWS Tiger Moths.

I hope to attend and compete myself if I can aquire a GWS Tiger Moth in time . The club is situated off the Princes Highway south of Sydney.

If anyone would like more information please let me know and I will find out the finer details .

Kind Regards
Erica
CybaGirl is offline Find More Posts by CybaGirl
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2005, 09:21 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Dear Erica, I sencond to you.

Welcome to post more detail about this event. I believe OZ flyers will be glad to see that.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Mar 01, 2005, 02:38 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2001
145 Posts
Dear Mr Lin,
Here are the full details on the event .

Electric Fun Fly Day
17th of April 2005

"GWS-Tiger Mother Pylon Race Rules"
Allowed Model

a) Open only to 800mm Wingspan models with either of the two STANDARD power trains.
1) - 280 Direct Drive
2) Geared 5.9 - 1 IPS-DX2BB-AVX motor / gearbox as per original Tiger Moth.
b) Models must retain MOULDED GWS Tiger Moth Wings as supplied in the kit.
Modifications to wings allowed but WING AREA not allowed to be changed.
c) Models MUST retain their GWS undercarriage, wheels to be fitted and operate but are free.
d) No other restrictions.

Race Rules
Race to be a 5 lap event around pylons set to the length of the Pits at the Flight Line, may be adjusted shorter on the day if affected by wind, start/finish line will be half way between pylons.

a) The winner will be the contenstant with the Fastest time for the 5 laps, then minor places will be the closest to this time.
b) If due to Frequencyt clashes a second or third round will be contested with overall winner and minor places being as per rule 1.1a.
c) Pilots to provide their own timers, then submit time to Contest Director or his appointed person.

Timing of Events.
Canteen open 7:30am to 4:00pm
Pilots Briefing 7:45am to 8:00am
Tiger Moth Practice 8:00am to 8:25am
Tiger Moth Race's 8:30am to 9:30am
Carrier Landing 10:30am to 11:30am
Tiger Moth Race's 12:30pm to 1:30pm

Fun fly is permitted between events.

Presentations at 4:00pm.

Illawarra Model Aero Club inc is the club who is running this event. I will scan an image out of the street directory on how to get to the field and post that soon .

I have contact numbers of the people who are running this event from the club so if anyone would like to personally speak to one of the contact organizers please let me know. As I currrently dont have permission from anyone to post their personal numbers on this forum and dont want any trouble .. I will however personally call one of the organizers and ask for permission and if this is granted will ammend this with their numbers.

If anyone else has any further queries just let me know .

Kind Regards
Erica
Old Mar 01, 2005, 06:39 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2001
145 Posts
UPDATE:
I have just spoken to Mr Daniel Tracey and I have his permission to post his phone number on the forum. So if anyone needs additional information Daniel can be contacted on the following number.

(02) 4256 8621

Also here is a map on how to get to the flying field.

Click For Map

Here is some additonal information on the club and how to get to the field.

The Illawarra Model Aero Club comprises about 60 members and is based in Wollongong, about 12 kilometres from the City Centre at Hooka Creek Road, Berkely. The main interests of the members is Electric Flight and Aerobatics. The Electric Flight Special Interest Group (EFSIG) numbers about 12 core members. Others join in special events like Indoor or Fun Fly events. The EFSIG meets on the first Tuesday of each month at a memberís home and guests are welcome. Topics discussed include electrical and aeronautical subjects with members bringing their new models and talking about them. Members give lectures and lead discussion on subjects of special interest such as thermal seeking, motor performance, or aircraft trimming. The group also meet at the field early each Saturday morning to fly, with a 7 Cell Glider contest held on the second or third Saturday morning of each month.

The field is close to the F6 Freeway South of Wollongong. Take the Berkely exit heading either North or South and turn East onto Northcliffe Drive. The first turn South is Hooka Creek Road and the entrance to the field is a gate about 500 metres on the right.

Kind Regards
Erica
Old Mar 02, 2005, 12:50 AM
Fix all the things!
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jan 2004
598 Posts
I'm a member of IMAC(and EFSIG), and if need be I can email out a the advert that Daniel has made, just PM me.
I'll say this about the Pylon racing event: If a man called Byam is flying, you have lost. Last year he cleaned the board. I'll say this as well: if you have a 280 moth, you have lost(like I did last year!).
Just about any slowflyer is compeditive in the carrier landing, and even a speed 400 Me-163 attempted! If you can make it, please come along and fly, even if you don't go int an event.

Peter M.
Ozprey is offline Find More Posts by Ozprey