SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 20, 2002, 08:30 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Moderators needed for R/C Groups!

I'd like to solicit volunteers for moderator positions for the R/C Groups forums. If anyone here has any interest in the forums over there, please let me know - by Private Message please.

We already have a couple of additional folks on board, and I'll be handing Open and Training off to established E Zone members shortly.

Thanks!
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2002, 05:44 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Thanks for the reponses. I'll still consider others, but for the benefit of those who've responded, and perhaps those who have not yet, I'll detail what's involved:
- keep an eye on content, make sure it remains on-topic. You will have the ability to edit and delete posts or threads where appropriate, or move threads to other forums. You can also close threads.
- help to keep the peace!

We're not looking for too much in the way of advice - you don't have to be an expert in that field - and it's best if you're not too vocal with your opinions. The key to good moderating (I've been told) is that nobody really notices your there, except perhaps the folks who post inappropriately. You're there on a timely basis (we don't require 24x7) to keep an eye on things.

We have special forums for discussing moderating issues that you would have access to, so when an issue arrises in your forums, you're able to discuss it with "more experienced" moderators.

That prettty much sums it up.
And to those that asked, no, we don't pay!
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Closed Thread