HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2001, 02:40 PM
Stuck in my wizard suit
Deale,MD,USA
Joined Apr 2001
155 Posts
Do you need CA glue to build the sky scooter?

At the Tower Hobbies website under the requirements it says that you need CA glue! What is that for? Do you actually need it?

Thanks
Alex
e-flyer is offline Find More Posts by e-flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2001, 02:56 PM
Tork it or Dork it
Elizabethville,PA USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,198 Posts
I think CA glue would melt the styrofoam that the skyscooter is made of. But with EPP styrofoam like the stuff the Twinjet or Pico Jet Combat is made of, you can use CA on that kind of foam.
Ryan Nau is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Nau
Old Apr 30, 2001, 03:06 PM
Stuck in my wizard suit
Deale,MD,USA
Joined Apr 2001
155 Posts
Ok thanks. Oh and here is a dumb question: how do make those cool animated smiley faces?

Thanks,
Alex
e-flyer is offline Find More Posts by e-flyer
Old Apr 30, 2001, 03:06 PM
Now with more COWBELL!
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Mar 2001
804 Posts
No. Tower's made a boo-boo. CA will eat foam. I built mine with a few drops of Elmer's white glue to reinforce the horizontal stabilizer-fuselage joint, but that was just bein' cute. Get some 5- or 10- minute epoxy for crash damage.
U2Steve is offline Find More Posts by U2Steve
Old Apr 30, 2001, 03:12 PM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,069 Posts
I agree that the 5 minute epoxy works best for fixing a SS...been there twice now.

Just click on the Smiles Legend on the left hand side when you are writing a post.
Greg Covey is offline Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Apr 30, 2001, 03:17 PM
Berkeley, CA USA
Joined Apr 2001
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Steve:
No. Tower's made a boo-boo. CA will eat foam. I built mine with a few drops of Elmer's white glue to reinforce the horizontal stabilizer-fuselage joint, but that was just bein' cute. Get some 5- or 10- minute epoxy for crash damage.
>ODERLESS< CA should be OK...pricy, but fast.
Regular CA and foam will not play nice.

Mighty Mik is offline Find More Posts by Mighty Mik
Old Apr 30, 2001, 07:42 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Actually you don't need ANY glue to build the Sky Scooter, you might want to put a little epaoxy or white glue on the tail where the Stabilizer (Elevator) slides ir, if you don't it will move around on you & throw off your elevator trim.
For repairs nothing beats 5-minute epoxy, I tore off my whole nose Sunday & was back in the air in 10 minutes with epoxy.
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman