HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2005, 02:15 AM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,556 Posts
71" "Slow Stick" Twin boom pusher - ready for the MAIDEN FLIGHT!

Well,

I think I have dotted my "i"'s and crossed my "t"'s... I'm ready for the maiden flight on this baby. It weighed in at 20.6oz without battery.

I slapped on my 11.8oz. MiMh battery to get CG without any camera gear on board. I could probably still get CG with my LiPo packs, but I'd have to move them all the way to the nose of the boom... of course the camera gear will change all of this.

Anyway, here are a few shots, I will maiden tomorrow if weather/wind permits!

CJS
CactusJackSlade is online now Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2005, 09:03 AM
Manitoba, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
286 Posts
Looking forward to the test flight! I think that you've incorporated a number of features that could become part of the "ultimate AP platform".
Harry Mueller is offline Find More Posts by Harry Mueller
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:52 AM
Team HeliProz
Saint Clair, MI
Joined Jan 2004
1,275 Posts
CJS,

Will you be getting any video of it?

Matt
RCFEVER is offline Find More Posts by RCFEVER
Old Feb 19, 2005, 04:27 PM
California - Sacramento Valley & foothills
Joined Nov 2004
289 Posts
I'm wondering how to select my first brushless motor/ESC combo that will serve well on both my stock SS with 6oz camera and, hopefully work well when moved to another platform ... THIS ONE if all goes well.

I'm a right side of the brain creative kinda guy and the more I try to figure out all the "numbers" that are shown in the descriptions of these modern motors the more confused I get.

This outfit has some very good value packages to consider. One deal is for a geared Himax that looks like what you have on your plane. They have a couple other offers of the outrunner types. Here's the link for one of them. http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=3222
The others can be found in their weekly web specials section.

My stock 300 D gear 6.6 to 1 with a 1280 prop does OK at moving the plane and camera around but it just doesn't easily get me to the altitude I need. I'd also like a reserve power to pull me away from sudden problems ... like ornery buffalo on steep hillsides. Of course I want this at minimum amps for long flight times with small LiPos

Later if I clamp a $400 Sony to the float version of your great super SS pusher I want it to jump off the water in just a few feet and quickly climb over tall shoreline pines. (Lake Spaulding off Hi 20 & I 80 would be one of my first targets)
And, I won't mind applyiing whatever amps necessary in that situation.

Of course I NEED this advice of experience quickly as the deals won't last!

THANKS!
ViddyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ViddyFlyer