HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2002, 10:03 PM
Falls Church, VA
Joined Sep 2001
30 Posts
Sloping in Northern Virginia

Figured I'd start this one up again in a more appropriate forum!

Looking for good slopes in the Northern VA area, basically Metro DC. We know that the beautiful landfill candidate off I-66 by the Fairfax County Pkwy is off-limits, which is a shame.

I was at/near the Dulles Town Center today and there's quite a large lump of earth right behind a new Lowe's (adjacent to the new Wal-Mart.) Anyone seen this? Is it slopeable? (I'm a newbie to sloping.)

Anyone else out there have any site suggestions?

I believe I'm bout to order a DAW I-26 HLG for some more fun and to take to the dunes of the outer banks in a few weeks.

Slope on!!!
flylow is offline Find More Posts by flylow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2009, 04:02 PM
United States, VA, Warrenton
Joined Apr 2001
1,148 Posts
I wanted to bring this one up again. Aside from CASA's one slope in Maryland, are there any other places to slope in Northern Virginia or even anywhere along I-66? I'm out in the Warrenton area about an hour+ from the CASA slope.

Cheers,
Dan
Ninjak2k is offline Find More Posts by Ninjak2k
Old Jan 02, 2009, 04:13 PM
Dunetop Flyer
Cape Cod, Mass., USA
Joined Dec 2002
777 Posts
http://www.slopeflyer.com/artman/pub...index_49.shtml
jcarstan is offline Find More Posts by jcarstan
Old Jan 03, 2009, 07:31 AM
Embrace the suck
Joined Nov 2004
4,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak2k
I wanted to bring this one up again. Aside from CASA's one slope in Maryland, are there any other places to slope in Northern Virginia or even anywhere along I-66? I'm out in the Warrenton area about an hour+ from the CASA slope.
If the Jefferson slope is out of the question your next best bet might be the Skyline Drive. I've never flown it but driven and hiked it a lot, and there are definitely some workable places, but landing *anywhere* is probably questionable. Never seen anything to compare to Jefferson, however.

Nauga,
who has a lot of miles on him
nauga is offline Find More Posts by nauga