SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2005, 02:19 PM
www.rcfoam.com
Lilburn, Georgia, United States
Joined Jun 2004
259 Posts
Question
What are everyones thoughts on this wireless Camera set up?

I have seen a few of these on e-bay for reletively cheep http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...956199927&rd=1 and was wondering what others have experianced with these? They don't appear to be a well known brand like BlackWidow AV so i just want to know if i can get any kind of acceptable qualtiy out of one of these. Before i get feedback on the controversy of the legal aspects. I have done a fair amount of reaserch on AV wireless systems in the forums to understand some about legality issues and stuff. The information claims it to be a 2.4ghz transmitter and fcc compliant and such but I notice many have been told this before and been misinformed. So if someone could advise me on this system i would appreciate it, Thanks
-Bobsean-
bobsean is offline Find More Posts by bobsean
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2005, 02:42 PM
2 Mistakes Downwind
Portland, OR
Joined Nov 2004
414 Posts
Draganfly Eyecam

I've wondered about this one too. The quoted range is 1000' line-of-sight, so it's a fairly low power transmitter, but that might be enough if you're not as adventurous/crazy as some people like CJS who will fly beyond their visual limits.

The product page has some sample videos you can watch.
ToyBoy is offline Find More Posts by ToyBoy
Old Feb 15, 2005, 05:26 PM
Texas
Joined Jan 2005
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsean
I have seen a few of these on e-bay for reletively cheep http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...956199927&rd=1 and was wondering what others have experianced with these? They don't appear to be a well known brand like BlackWidow AV so i just want to know if i can get any kind of acceptable qualtiy out of one of these. Before i get feedback on the controversy of the legal aspects. I have done a fair amount of reaserch on AV wireless systems in the forums to understand some about legality issues and stuff. The information claims it to be a 2.4ghz transmitter and fcc compliant and such but I notice many have been told this before and been misinformed. So if someone could advise me on this system i would appreciate it, Thanks
-Bobsean-
They stink. I wouldn't even accept one as a gift. Don't waste your money. (Yes, I've used one before.)
2thDr is offline Find More Posts by 2thDr
Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:47 PM
2 Mistakes Downwind
Portland, OR
Joined Nov 2004
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thDr
They stink. I wouldn't even accept one as a gift. Don't waste your money. (Yes, I've used one before.)
Bummer. Figured it was too good to be true (9 grams!).

So what's wrong with them?
ToyBoy is offline Find More Posts by ToyBoy
Old Feb 15, 2005, 07:38 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,554 Posts
ToyBoy,

I too have had one... the quality is poor. I would consider those types of wireless systems a "novelty" and not much more. Don't get me wrong, they do work but as with me I used it about half a dozen times and realized I wasnted MUCH better quality than those provide. I gave it to my brother who does not even use it... he too used it about 5-6 times... once strapping it to his dog which was much more entertainment than on a plane!

Just like the old saying, you get what you pay for!

CJS
CactusJackSlade is offline Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade
Old Feb 15, 2005, 08:20 PM
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States
Joined Oct 2003
1,882 Posts
What about for framing a shot?

I am not interested in downloading and recording video, I just want to be able to pipe my video out to it to get a rough location and make sure I am on target when I shoot.

Any thought on it for that purpose only?

$300 for a Black Widow system just to frame a shot seems a bit steep to me.

Thanks,

Scott
dreslism is offline Find More Posts by dreslism
Old Feb 15, 2005, 09:33 PM
www.rcfoam.com
Lilburn, Georgia, United States
Joined Jun 2004
259 Posts
thats a bummer... i was hoping that some light would shed through and that this may be a possibility. O well, its true that you get what you pay for. So the Blackwidow systems seem to be the way too go. does anyone else know of something similar for a little less money. $300+ is a bit much too me but its all relative i guess. Thanks for all the replies so far.
bobsean is offline Find More Posts by bobsean