Dual conversion

Narrow band

8 channels

Sensitized

Microprocessor controlled decoder

Battery voltage monitor

Signal strength monitor

Servo reversal

Active high or active low servo output. (Use your old Proline servos!)

Channel assignment/Channel order

Mixing

V tail

Elevon

Position hold

Fail-safe

Glitch proof operation/intelligent decoder

Data logger

RS232 Computer interface

In circuit programmable

Size 2.6” x 1.5” x .5”

50MHz, 53MHz, and 72MHz bands

4 or 5 cell batter operation

Option connector

Automatic channel selection

more info can be found in the "download" section at www.mstar2k.com
and if you're interested then please let Gordon know...more interest=quicker release of the boards

dave
ZAGNUT is online now Find More Posts by ZAGNUT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2005, 01:22 PM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
I sent an email to Gordon to express my interest. This could be interesting.

Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
Old Feb 15, 2005, 02:20 PM
Belgium, Aalst
Joined Dec 2002
933 Posts
Last year I participated in the reverse engineering of the futaba PCM1024Z protocol. The results could possibly be used in this project...

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t...light=PCm1024Z

Frederic
FredericG is offline Find More Posts by FredericG
Old Feb 16, 2005, 05:59 AM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,203 Posts
Frederic: Very Interesting work on Reverse Engineering a FUTABA PCM protocol.

10 years ago, AMBROSIA RC FLIGHT SIMULATOR is quite Popular, its was the Most Realistic Simulator during those time. The Transmitter Joystick is made by Futaba it use SERIAL INTERFACE.....Software is not copy protected....Try to Reverse Engineer the transmitter joystick, it use a simple serial protocol, with no handshaking procedure. the transmitter Joystick, just keep sending a 5 bytes of data, its Aileron, Elvevator, Throttle, Rudder and Checksum.....I connect a LAPTOP between the Joystick and PC, use the LAPTOP to CAPTURE all the data send by JOystick.....my problem is how Joystick compute for the CHECKSUM.....I am not sure if its a CHECKSUM...or this might be a sort of SYNCHRONIZATION checksum....or this might be a CRC checksum.

I Downloaded the CAPTURE data to LOTUS 123. and try a different formula on how they compute the CHECKSUM.

my question is, Is there a program that can decode or decript this, so we can compute for the checksum?
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:05 AM
Joined Jan 2005
26 Posts
Lazy

Care to post your data so we have have a try?

Steve
stevesey is offline Find More Posts by stevesey
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:22 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,203 Posts
Stevesey: Thanks for your offer......but I already sold the units 8 years ago, during those time Internet is not so popular yet.....I am sure guys here can decipher it.

I download it all the data to LOTUS 123, its 5 column, Aileron, Elevator,Throttle,Rudder and Checksum.....I even convert it to Binary number, to see some pattern they use......my guess its a CRC checksum....I just do not know how to compute for CRC checksum.

if Guys here can decipher a FUTABA PCM 1024, I'm that much easy to decode a simple CRC checksum.

10 years ago, Lots of people here want that AMBROSIA RC Flight simulator, cost about USD 200. too bad it can not accept a standard IBM joystick.....the most common simulator they use is made by DAVE BROWN, cause it just use a standard IBM joystick.

Ellion
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
Old Feb 17, 2005, 01:02 AM
Belgium, Aalst
Joined Dec 2002
933 Posts
When you search the Web you will find lots of algorithms, and even code, to calculate a crc. There are even descriptions on how to “reverse” a crc.
I suppose you could also make a simple app/script that iterates over all possible polynomes, especially for crc8. Anyway, I understand that it is a fairly theoretical question...

Frederic
FredericG is offline Find More Posts by FredericG
Old Feb 17, 2005, 05:14 AM
Joined Jan 2005
26 Posts
Misunderstanding? I meant attach the lotus 123 spreadsheet (or just paste a large enough sample).
stevesey is offline Find More Posts by stevesey