HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2005, 07:14 PM
Joined Feb 2005
1 Posts
Anderson Kingfisher

A few months ago, an article in RC Modeler Magazine appeared a small article on a waterplane fly-in in Australia. In that article, there was a statement about fiberglass fuselages of varying sizes for the Anderson Kingfisher. I have been unable to find anything but plans. Can someone out there help me?
stickerman is offline Find More Posts by stickerman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2005, 04:55 PM
Joined Nov 2004
1,221 Posts
Tim Nolan is the man to contact, sorry cant give you any more info but have been looking into building one for a while and his name has poped up alot. I believ he is in Sydney
AUSELECTRIC is offline Find More Posts by AUSELECTRIC
Old Feb 13, 2005, 08:35 PM
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
393 Posts
Hi Sticker, I also remember reading the article you refer to but I have also looked through a few years back issues of both RCM and Model Airplane News and can't find it. I will keep looking into other back issues during this week if no one provides the answers in the mean time.
Sackie is offline Find More Posts by Sackie
Old Feb 14, 2005, 08:53 AM
Stockholm Bromma, Sweden
Joined Mar 2000
141 Posts
Brian Winch, the Australian engine expert, have published photos of a 3 meter span Kingfisher from a fly-in in Australia.

Christer
Haninge MFC Sweden
Christer Lagerstedt is offline Find More Posts by Christer Lagerstedt
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:31 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
mmmmmmm... Brian Winch. My father's almost friends with him, and I've met him a couple of times. He took a photo of my tiny North Star plane (Twinkle) and said it was going to be in an upcoming issue of an Aussie model mag.

...the man does make a point of going to all the big waterplane fly-ins around eastern Australia.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:44 PM
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
393 Posts
Hi again Stickerman, I found the article, actually I was very surprised how far back I had to go. The article is in the October 2001 edition of Radio Control Modeler magazine. The builder is Tim Nolan and the e-mail address provided at the end of the magazine is tinytim@froggy.com.au.
The construction article is for a 1/3 scale Kingfisher with a span of 144 ins. and is called the Web Footed Kangaroo. I should advise that it is not a true construction article and there are no plans available from RCM. This aircraft is designed for a the power of an O.S. 300 Twin or a Super Tigre 3000. This is one huge airframe with a width of 12 ins.
If the above e-mail does not work try to locate the Rise Off Water Club in Australia. Hope this helps.
Sackie is offline Find More Posts by Sackie