HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2005, 06:48 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
665 Posts
50 foot high flight! (inside)

I took my BR to work and flw it in our highbay. I got it all the way to the celing which is about 50 feet! I decended too fast once and lost controll but I was lucky and caught it befor it hit the ground. Alot of people were impressed and wanted one.
skip63 is offline Find More Posts by skip63
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:41 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Cool! I've had mine up to about 30', haven't flown it in a space higher than that.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Feb 11, 2005, 02:19 PM
south shields. England
Joined May 2004
962 Posts
Skip
High BR flying is quite a daunting experience at first!! but stay with it, and don't do anything too fast!! The wider spaced rotor mod is essential to prevent "the dance of death" rotor clash syndrome ---- Every control movement has to be very smooth: so please don't do as I did, and try fancy fuselage spins and sudden drop manoeuvres!!! It's just not designed for that stuff, and you will pay the price!!

Peter
peter frostick is offline Find More Posts by peter frostick
Old Feb 11, 2005, 08:15 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
665 Posts
Thanks for the advise. I was kind of freaking that it was up that high. I took it up to the ceiling about 4 times and hovered for about a minute. on the last flight I think I got too close to a ac vent and the draft caused the crash. It's a wide open room so if things go wrong I can catch it. It's just wild to see it fly that high and well too. Peter your right about small movements, I've learned without paying the price.
skip63 is offline Find More Posts by skip63