Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 21, 2001, 06:37 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Will Naro or Pico Radio systems work in my Teddy?

I'm trying to buy planes that have interchangeable radio systems to give me some flexibility & save money. Will the GWS Pico or Naro flight systems work in both my Pico Stick & my larger Multiplex Teddy?
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2001, 01:28 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,796 Posts
The servos and RX will work, but the ESC and battery pack will not.

Also be aware the Pico RX is limited range.

Look more to the Hitec Focus 3 FM system (not the Feather). It is still full range and small enough for park flyers.

Even better is the Flash 5X-G, which can grow with your fleet.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Apr 24, 2001, 12:12 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
Hi

The Jeti Rex 4 and Rex 5 are both worth looking at as well for this end of the model size spectrum. We've been flying our Teddy with a Jeti Rex 4 for about a year with no radio problems and flying the Pico/Lite Stik with the same RX with no weight problems (7.6 oz AUW). Now switched to a Hitec Feather on the Pico/Lite Stik to use the Jeti in the Pico Cub.

The new Jeti Rex 5 is physically smaller and light weight due to the reduced case dimensions and weight. Well worth a look.

These are both full range single conversion RX and use standard sized Futaba crystals (in my case - YMMV). Another nice point is the short aerial-about 18 inches in length for the 35mHz Rx.

cheers

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer