SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2005, 03:38 AM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined May 2003
95 Posts
Be careful what you wish for.

Back in the early 70"s here in Michigan we lost one great glider nut. Lets call him Jim. Best modeler friend I think I have ever had. As a joke he would say when I die I want to come back as a HAWK and fly with you guys again. We would laugh as most buddies would. Ten years later I am flying in a local mowed hay field with the other friend named Walt. My Aquila was thermaling great. Out of the blue a HAWK joined up with me for about a full hour. Turning when I did and thermaling as I did. I tried to shake him , intimidate him by flying at him and diving and turning tight. EVERY move I made he would duplicate it exactly. Walt and I decided right then and there that there was an after life. This never happened again to me since. I still get goose bumps when I think of this day. Jim if you are reading this I will meet you again this summer same field but look for a Mystery Ship electrified. I am to old and tired to chase the hi start anymore. DUANE Love ya buddy!
Dewey12 is offline Find More Posts by Dewey12
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2005, 09:26 AM
Joined Dec 2003
702 Posts
When Ben Motsomoto (he helped make the gentle lady design) was laid to rest there were about 80 top glider guiders at the Budest grave side service. Clear blue sky day. When the priest chimed a bell to start the service a hawk screached he was only a few feet above the casket> NO ONE and I say NO one < saw the bird before the chime. The hawk never flaped just circled OUT of sight. Not a dry eye in the bunch. We all had goose bumps and still get them.

Me I rather be an Eagle
Smashed_Toad is offline Find More Posts by Smashed_Toad