HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2002, 10:46 PM
Tarpon Springs, FL
Joined Feb 2001
80 Posts
Help me break my plane - Zagi combat in Florida (Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough)

Got my first electric and waddya know it's a Zagi. Crashed a few times and nothing broke so now I'd like to find a group of guys (or gals) to help me try and break this plane on the weekends. Never flown combat but it sounds like a lot of fun. I live in New Port Richey but don't mind traveling deep into Hillsborough or Pinellas county for some extra carricular activities. If there's already combat meets great, if not let's find an open patch and scare the birds.

- Joe

* NOTE: This is a double post. I posted it in Open Discussion but then figured this was a better place for it.
Joe B is offline Find More Posts by Joe B
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2002, 07:58 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Sounds like fun.

Hey RobDog, you out there?

Check out the post by RobDog in this thread, he said somewhere that he and some others fly Zagi combat in Dunedin. Or try sending him a pm.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=29455

BC
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Mar 17, 2002, 06:10 PM
Clearwater, FL, USA
Joined Jul 2001
232 Posts
Joe, you may want to check out Dunedin Middle School on Sunday afternoon. I've seen guys flying zagis in combat.
dilbert is offline Find More Posts by dilbert
Old Mar 17, 2002, 06:24 PM
Tarpon Springs, FL
Joined Feb 2001
80 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll stop out next weekend. About what time, do you know? I'll show up at 10am and wait until 2pm if necessary but I'd rather just get there at 2pm if thats the case

- Joe
Joe B is offline Find More Posts by Joe B
Old Mar 18, 2002, 07:54 PM
Random acts of Randomness
Joined Oct 2001
483 Posts
The electric guys start showing up at 7am and usally are done around noon. Although there are no "rules" against gas, it's not too welcome.

The Gas guys (along with any electrics) usally start showing up around 2-3pm and fly until it starts to get dark.

Park up "behind" the school next to the portable class room.
eparkflyer is offline Find More Posts by eparkflyer
Old Mar 19, 2002, 08:26 AM
Tampa, FL
Joined Feb 2002
170 Posts
I've got about four of the gas guys interested in doing combat at our local field. They got a look at my Razor one Saturday and all went into the LHS and ordered ones for themselves. Stop by on Saturdays or Sundays. Anyone with an AMA membership is more than welcome! We're off of Linebaugh and the club name is Bay City Flyers. Just stop in and fly with us anytime! Incidently my name is Armando and I've been looking for some guys to fly wings with. Contact me off line and I'll be more than happy to give you directions.
ayanez is offline Find More Posts by ayanez