HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2005, 10:10 AM
Newby extrordinaire
Mannheim, GERMANY!
Joined Sep 2004
166 Posts
Flash 5x hates me. WHY?

All,
I can't seem to figure out how to program my Flash 5x so that left is left, up is up, ect... for my Ele Bee flying wing. I've got it set to Elevon mixing but the right stick is not making my desired directions. Anyone got input? I've tried switching the servo wires from 1 to 2 and back and forth to no avail. I have no idea why this thing hates me so much.... Thanks for your help!

Rob
rob.elliott is offline Find More Posts by rob.elliott
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2005, 10:34 AM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
Rob, I am glad to see that your location now read's Minnheim Germany insted of Bagdad Irac My Flash 5 was used with a Unicorn and a Zagi with out any problems, try switching the servos on ch 1 and 2 on your rx (again) and you also have to play with the servo reverse on your radio also. Dont forget to turn on your Elevon mixing on your radio also. I was in Bitburg Germany for 3.5 years (75-79) and I had the best time of my life, enjoy the food whall you can, I have been trying to find real German food since I got back and have never found stuff as good as it is over there. I also miss that GREAT beer. Have fun, Glad you made it back O.K. ...R... p.s. if all else fails try setting the radio to V tail mixing and try that (works the same way )
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1
Last edited by RandyK1; Feb 06, 2005 at 10:40 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2005, 11:57 AM
Newby extrordinaire
Mannheim, GERMANY!
Joined Sep 2004
166 Posts
Randy,
I finally got it straightened out, still don't know how. The only remaining problem is up means pushing up on the stick, which is backwards. I've tried randomly reversing servos, switching the servo plug in spot from 1 to 2 and back again, ect... to no avail. Not quite sure what the problem is now.... Yours works fine, right is right, left is left, pull down on the stick the plane goes up, ect...?

We're taking off tomorrow afternoon (after I get some flight time) for a 5 day trip around the Ktown area, and Bitburg is one of the stops planned! I love the food and the beer is the BEST!

Take care,
Rob
rob.elliott is offline Find More Posts by rob.elliott
Old Feb 06, 2005, 12:12 PM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
Rob, try using the V tail mix on the radio insted of the elevon mix, your servos are plugged into ch 1 & 2 on the rx for the V tail mix. When your in Bitburg please drink atleast one Bitburger pills for me (man I miss that stuff) you can get it in the states but its not even close to the real thing. I also miss the real German schnapps, I loved the lemon and apple schnapps. I miss going bunker hunting also, and most of all I miss the German people, all very cool. Almost forgot about Octoberfest, but remembering that is still kinda fuzzy Enjoy Germany and try the V tail mix. ...R...
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1