SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2005, 02:25 PM
Joined Dec 2003
28 Posts
So how much do you like your DHL glider?

Do you like it enough to climb through 5 strands of barbed wire and play chicken with a 2000 pound bull buffalo? We decided we didn't like our glider that much. Kevin's attempt to snake it out with irrigation pipe and a bailing wire loop only seemed to piss them off. We retired and let the buffalo have there way with the plane. Each buffalo came over and smelled the stinky foam and toxic glue thing and deciced they would rather have their hay. They carefully avoided stepping on the plane and went back to their lunch. We recovered the buffalo bait later unharmed. Boy, talk about a penalty for not making it back to the field. Dennis Brackett
dbrackett is offline Find More Posts by dbrackett
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2005, 02:37 PM
Joined Dec 2003
28 Posts
So how much do you like your DHL glider?

Sorry folks. First time I have attempted to post photos to this forum. Hope it worked. DB
dbrackett is offline Find More Posts by dbrackett
Old Feb 05, 2005, 04:10 PM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,345 Posts
Hey Dennis

I could have got that back for you. Just looks like the bunch of guys I fly with
dennymaize is online now Find More Posts by dennymaize
Old Feb 07, 2005, 01:14 AM
Throw Caution to the Wind
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Feb 2004
2,651 Posts
Ha ha!
Lavawing is offline Find More Posts by Lavawing
Old Feb 07, 2005, 10:29 AM
dumbthumb
Joined Jun 2004
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennymaize
Hey Dennis

I could have got that back for you. Just looks like the bunch of guys I fly with
That IS funny

John
John Ruff is offline Find More Posts by John Ruff
Old Feb 07, 2005, 09:13 PM
I wear pants.. sometimes
St. Louis, MO.
Joined Aug 2002
302 Posts
Consider yourself lucky. I was sloping over a cow pasture with a zagi and some nice planes. Instead of carrying the zagi down to the bottom I flew it down and crashed it at the bottom so I would'nt have to carry it. The walk down put the plane out of sight for a minute or two. When it came back into sight it was in a cows mouth and it was shaking it back and forth like a dog with a chew toy. Wish I had my digi for pictures of that one.
thepilotbruss is offline Find More Posts by thepilotbruss