HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2005, 03:19 PM
Joined Jan 2005
8 Posts
Radio Shack spare parts on backorder

I placed an order for spare tail rotors (after the CK mod my tail rotor regularly gets mashed and broken) from the Radio Shack support site.

I received an email saying they were on backorder until the 15th, but I strongly suspect this is an auto-string-me-along email - I'll get another one on the 15th saying its back ordered until March 1, etc etc.

Anyone know anything that would make me think otherwise?
bobbob is offline Find More Posts by bobbob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2005, 05:16 PM
Stratford upon Avon
Joined Jul 2004
2,502 Posts
So........ make your own. Apparently the bullet-proof see-thru vacuum formed wrap that is so loved by the likes of Costco for enshrining everything from screwdriver sets to electrical toys is perfect.

Assuming you can cut some off a product without mortally injuring yourself, cut a blade shape out (flat).
Then punch a hole in the 'middle' and stick a pin/needle or piece of wire thru.
Apply a little heat - hair dryer, hot water, whatever, and twist some pitch into it.
Attach it to the 'hub' of the existing tail rotor (remove the damaged blades of course). CA glue will do it but be careful.

The existing hub of the tail rotor is best left attached to the motor unless it's come off under crash testing conditions.
ukgroucho is offline Find More Posts by ukgroucho
Old Feb 07, 2005, 10:03 AM
Joined Jan 2005
8 Posts
Well, better news - I just received my replacement tail rotor blades in the mail today. Yes!

So, this is a good option for canadians who need replacement parts. Since they list motors (albiet pricey), looks like this could be a source for them also.
bobbob is offline Find More Posts by bobbob
Old Feb 07, 2005, 11:11 AM
R/C unconditionnal
cote nord/quebec/canada
Joined Dec 2004
284 Posts
could you post a link bobbob? I'd really like to check it out,thank you
omdunor is offline Find More Posts by omdunor
Old Feb 07, 2005, 01:36 PM
Joined Feb 2005
33 Posts
http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/part...roduct=6018501