SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 03, 2005, 03:15 PM
Joined Feb 2005
1 Posts
Some general questions regarding glow engines

Hello guys, A few questions if I may.

1: I have a Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 TGX-Mk.1 1/8th Scale with a with an FS-15LT Engine, can I just buy a .21 engine and replace my .15?

2: I just bought an 1/8th scale air filter, however it was much larger compared to my current air filter and wouldnt physically fit, if there a reason for this?

3: I hear people talking about 'Nitro' and 'Glow' are they different engines, or are people just referring to different fuels?

4: I am using a Futaba Attack II Transmitter, however NI-Mh Batteries didnt actually fit into the controller, is there a reason for this, am I not supposed to use NI-Mh batteries only NI-Cd? - I have just purchased an ACOMS 40MHz transmitter hoping the batteries will fit, its in the 'post'.

5: On eBay I have seen various different 'upgrades' like dampers etc.. are these generic one size fits all depening on scale?

Thanks alot in advance for any advice you can give me!!
jezza52 is offline Find More Posts by jezza52
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2005, 10:18 PM
Love is like Pi: Irrational
USA, ND, Grand Forks
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
to answer one of your questions nitro and glow are the same thing. nitro is the fuel used in it. and the nitro engines dont use spark plugs they use "glow" plugs hence the word "glow."

and the first question you had, you may have to buy new brackets and such for a 21 to fit in a 15 size slot i had the lhs do it for me when i put a 21 on my stampede which was a 15.

you car, i think is a 1/10 scale car so thats probably why the air filter doesnt fit.

"If im wrong about the size correct me then."
ronmeister is offline Find More Posts by ronmeister
Last edited by ronmeister; Feb 03, 2005 at 10:20 PM.