HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2005, 12:04 PM
Haddorh
Utah, USA
Joined Dec 2004
127 Posts
Geoffrey's fixed Pitch Blade fix

I made my self a set of springs from some old springs lying around.....they hold the blades forward and they work very well. I was too cheap to buy geoffrey 109's kit. so i made these myself.. they work really really well, my Dragonfly #4 clone came brand new out of the box with really bad head wobble. with the springs holding the blades forward....this thing fly's with no wobble period....it's really really stable too.

here's some pics of it after i finished:
haddorh is offline Find More Posts by haddorh
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2005, 03:38 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
[QUOTE=haddorh]I made my self a set of springs from some old springs lying around.....they hold the blades forward and they work very well. I was too cheap to buy geoffrey 109's kit. QUOTE]
Not cheap enough though to throw his name in your heading, how about coming up with an all orginal heading of your own
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Feb 03, 2005, 03:41 PM
Eastern Washington State
Joined Sep 2002
118 Posts
I went ahead and bought Geoffrey's kit and am just about ready to test it this afternoon. Yes, you can build a fairly comparable kit from your own parts bin, but Geoffrey has supplied some unique parts like the carbon stiffening strips and the little rubber donuts. He has also refined it and made sure all the parts work well together. Just depends whether you want to pay him a few dollars for the engineering or repeat the development process on your own.

I have a top-mounted adjustable stiffener (my own design) and am going to cover the blades. The undercambered blades have never seemed like the ticket to me. Having flown a larger electric, it always seems that the Hummingbird needs a little more RPM and less lift-induced drag from the main rotors.
bearwash is offline Find More Posts by bearwash
Old Feb 03, 2005, 04:10 PM
Blade Springs "Rock"
Central Coast, CA
Joined Apr 2004
2,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearwash
I went ahead and bought Geoffrey's kit and am just about ready to test it this afternoon. Yes, you can build a fairly comparable kit from your own parts bin, but Geoffrey has supplied some unique parts like the carbon stiffening strips and the little rubber donuts. He has also refined it and made sure all the parts work well together. Just depends whether you want to pay him a few dollars for the engineering or repeat the development process on your own.

I have a top-mounted adjustable stiffener (my own design) and am going to cover the blades. The undercambered blades have never seemed like the ticket to me. Having flown a larger electric, it always seems that the Hummingbird needs a little more RPM and less lift-induced drag from the main rotors.
I just test flew some stock blades that my airplane friend covered for me, and I've found that it didn't make a big difference, only adding more weight. Try the kits on stock blades first, you will find some new found lift and stability....

G109
Geoffrey109 is offline Find More Posts by Geoffrey109