HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2007, 11:35 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,642 Posts
Well, mine took a MAJOR radio hit today ... I had just made a high speed low pass from high altitude and was starting to climb back up a little and come around again when the motor came on and she rolled right and down into the ground?! I had never even touched the throttle and she didn't respond to my commands at all. Weird thing is I lost it as I flew over the only other flyer out there today? He was on the other side of the field from me...I was on Channel 24 and he was on 35. I don't understand how that should be any kind of a problem but it was too coincidental ... just as it went over him, it powered up and rolled into the ground.

I don't have the heart or interest to rebuild AGAIN! Funny thing is the fuselage broke about an inch BEHIND the last repair I made. I guess it was a good repair job. The wing separated into the three pieces it came out of the box in. The center section of the wing cracked/tore down the middle. I was not even that upset until I noticed my TP Extreme 2070 had been crunched when it slid forward with great force into the rear of the Axi, with enough force to ruin all three cells! It was at that moment that the anger set in. So, I guess it's time to chuck it and think about building the FVK Bandit I have been sitting on.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2007, 11:43 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
Like I said early on that carbon fuse is a complete gimick. Its brittle and affects radio reception. Sorry about the crash but enjoy the bandit.

j
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Nov 08, 2007, 07:58 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
This thread has been asleep for a little while. I just picked up the Siren from my LHS. I will read through these pages tomorrow. I will be running the Siren on a Scorpion 3026-10 motor.
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Nov 09, 2007, 05:00 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
There's also an ongoing discussion in my review thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356191
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Nov 09, 2007, 07:57 AM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Thanks Andy, I just read through it. Good information in there.
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:50 AM
ROV Pilot
Norway
Joined May 2002
469 Posts
Did recive my Siren today... Looks good and very nice work and finish...Looking forward to get it airborne, as a trainer for a Ariane V10 I'm about to order..
jijohans is offline Find More Posts by jijohans
Old Nov 15, 2007, 05:34 PM
ROV Pilot
Norway
Joined May 2002
469 Posts
Did do some work on my Siren today..
Had some Robbe servo lock,it's ment for the HS81 size but the HS65hb fitted nicely..
Now I can put in som HS 5065's or 5085's if the hs65 isn't good enough...Without destroying the wing skin...
Old Nov 15, 2007, 05:59 PM
Brimfield, MA
Joined Jul 2002
194 Posts
Those are pretty neat. A quick look seems to identify them as Robbe #8157 but I don't see any US sources - does anyone know of any?

Jim, KK1W
Jim-KK1W is offline Find More Posts by Jim-KK1W
Old Nov 16, 2007, 01:12 AM
ROV Pilot
Norway
Joined May 2002
469 Posts
Thanks..Those are actualy Robbe #8115. Was something my local supplier had in stock.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:44 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Has anyone gone 2.4ghz with the Siren yet? I recently traded and got my Siren back , it's an awesome plane and I was missing it. I'm in the process of going to all 2.4 and want to change it over from PCM, but the carbon fuse has me a bit concerned.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:46 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
holes in the fuse, run the antenna out of the fuse. Same as with 72mhz...
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:00 PM
Joined Jul 2005
94 Posts
2.4 Spektrum in Siren

Hi Bill,
I've had my Siren for well over a year now and have been flying it now for over 7 months on 2.4 Spektrum. Was using a Berg before,but kept getting lockouts etc. Haven't had a problem with Spektrum,I'm using the RX that comes with the DX-7,the AR7000. The main receiver is in the fuse right up the back near the wing saddle,the second RX is on top of the fuse near the vent hole. All I did was build a little fairing out of balsa for the rx to sit behind. Have had it at 1300+ feet with no range issue's,at that height it becomes quite hard to see. Once you get the tailplane angle setup nicely(factory setup you need alot of up trim) she thermals nicely as well. With the carbon fuse all I do, not to get it damaged is Ive run figerglass reinforced tape on the bottom of the fuse,it has taken some rough landings,but still looks like new. Won't sell my Siren at all,great plane for the money.
George
ggouveia is offline Find More Posts by ggouveia
Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:22 PM
WOOOOsssSSSShhHH !!
Long Island , NY
Joined May 2003
1,007 Posts
folding props

What choice of folding props do you fellas use for your Sirens? Ill be using a axi knock off swinging props in the 13 in range . I was just wondering what you guys are using.

Spar
sparrow1717 is offline Find More Posts by sparrow1717
Old Nov 30, 2007, 08:43 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
827 Posts
I'm going to use a Typhoon HET 600-34 brushless 1030Kv inrunner rated to 600watts with an Aeronaut 12x8 CAM carbon folder. On 3 cell I hope the draw will be around 35amps and with a 4 cell and the same prop will draw around 50 amps/600 watts.

I could use a bigger prop on the 3s but I don't think there is much point as the rpm drops and looses thrust on this low kv inrunner.
panzerd18 is offline Find More Posts by panzerd18
Old Dec 01, 2007, 12:30 AM
ROV Pilot
Norway
Joined May 2002
469 Posts
Will be using Graupner CFK props...