HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:10 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
What do you mean by LGs?

If you mean landing gear then the gear shown is a fixed, non-retractable undercarriage, made from piano wire.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:11 PM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,361 Posts
wow I think I paid 20 bucks for my BH kit about 3 months ago at the local hs swap meet...the ebay one went for 127.00 I will check to make sure the plans are in the kit. Pm me if you need a copy
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Dec 30, 2007, 06:32 PM
New Zealand, Otago, Harwood
Joined Sep 2004
2,395 Posts
Any further progress on this build? I picked up a kit with the wing partly built and have added to my "to do" list
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:05 AM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
Great plane!
Anybody have kit for sale?
Thank you,
Kostya
salat is offline Find More Posts by salat
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:48 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
Twist my arm, and I'll do what I have been promising myself for three years: A big twin 480 powered Blenheim IV laser cut kit..

Or maybe even bigger..

The balsacraft is the MKI Blenheim. Ugly brute really. The MKIV was the more successful..if 'Blenheim;' and 'successful' can be said in the same sentence.

Thy didn't carry enough bombs, had no defensive armament to speak of, an were too slow to avoid flak.

The only areas they really scored were as a night fighter,with radar, until replaced by the Beaufighter, and as reconnaissance.

As a bomber, they could only be used against lightly defended targets with no fighter opposition. A fact which became apparent pretty quickly aftre squadrons were slaughtrered in numbers.

They had some success in the Western Desert against tanks etc.

A strange aircraft..the 'medium' bomber was almost useless by the cessation of hostilities - the heavy bomber or the fighter bomber ground attack aircraft (like mosquitoes, typhoons and the like or even hurricanes) were much more useful.
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:53 AM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
yes yes, would like to see (Blenheim in my opinion have nice and right shapes and proportions)
K.
salat is offline Find More Posts by salat