SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 31, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,104 Posts
Parkzone P-51 Mustang

The April 2005 FLY RC magazine has on page 16 , reference to and a photo of Horizon Hobbies / Parkzone P-51 Mustang , charge and fly , lipoly compatible.........................
Is this company hot or what , I have all but one of Parkzones planes , and I am happy they are to produce a P-51 , 3 channel , geared 480 , charge and fly Mustang . It just keeps getting better
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:27 PM
Germantown, MD
Joined Dec 2004
67 Posts
i can dig it. despite a few MINOR flaws with their latest (the decathlon), i am happy to say that i own some of their airplanes (well, all but the stryker). anyway, for the price and purpose, ParkZone is a good line......not top of the line, but decent enough that i keep going back to them. can't wait for this one. thanks for that heads up.
bhpd1438 is offline Find More Posts by bhpd1438
Old Feb 02, 2005, 11:22 PM
I'll try anything once!
Huron, South Dakota
Joined Jan 2004
1,088 Posts
I received my April 05 issue of FlyRC in the mail today. I must say, the Parkzone Mustang is looking pretty nice. I have wanted to get a warbird for some time now, but I really haven't wanted to deal with assembly, time invested and cost. Yes, and Alpha models Mustang would be awesome... But you know I would just nose it in on its first flight and be ticked that I dinged it up. The Parkzone plane will be the way to go. I Think that it will give a person a taste of the way that certain style of model flies, and hopefully allow some confidence to build in the pilot (I'm talking about me!) I taught myself to fly with Horizon and Parkzone products, namely the J-3 Cub and the Aerobird Challenger. I have since moved on to bigger and better planes, yet I still fly the good ol' RTF's from time to time... Just to get my fix. I can't wait for this one. Has there been any date announced?
thacherd is offline Find More Posts by thacherd
Old Feb 03, 2005, 12:40 AM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
Is there anything on the internet about it- pics, specs?

The P51 is a difficult plane to scale down to a model and still have it capable of flight. Wonder how it looks... I have every plane in the line and I like them all.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old Feb 03, 2005, 08:50 AM
I'll try anything once!
Huron, South Dakota
Joined Jan 2004
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBGTRacer
Is there anything on the internet about it- pics, specs?

The P51 is a difficult plane to scale down to a model and still have it capable of flight. Wonder how it looks... I have every plane in the line and I like them all.
I looked for the pic online but couldn't find anything yet. I will find one and get it posted for you. Even if I have to scan it. It really doesn't look bad. I hope that it is better quality than other warbird rtf's like the wattage corsair. That plane was a dog!!!!
Old Feb 03, 2005, 12:46 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
With all the PZ planes I've already purchased and all the planes (Challengers) that I got my students to buy... PZ should send me a P51 for 'testing purposes'
Old Feb 03, 2005, 02:25 PM
Cancelled Account
Joined Oct 2004
738 Posts
...All I can say is....I hope it is as upgradeable as The Stryker, which, is an awesome machine at 45MPH stock...and 100+ MPH modified...some guys have them going 130+MPH and have still not hit terminal velocity.

Horizon Hobby (Parkzone's parent) definitely has the 'Zen' going right now...and from what I hear tell...they are getting ready to go even bigger...they are making all the right moves and doing their home work; instead of putting out planes 'they want to fly' they are giving us what 'We want to fly'...

Rule #1. Find out what people want
Rule #2. Give it to them at a great price
Rule #3. Repeat process.

...and no I do not work for them (yet)...but in 15+ years of marketing, this is a company I would die to be a part of...they get it!
ChuckD is offline Find More Posts by ChuckD
Last edited by ChuckD; Feb 03, 2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2005, 04:25 PM
Germantown, MD
Joined Dec 2004
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBGTRacer
With all the PZ planes I've already purchased and all the planes (Challengers) that I got my students to buy... PZ should send me a P51 for 'testing purposes'
a little off the subject.....but you say students....do you teach school or just flying. if you teach flying i may or may not have a customer for you (not me).
Old Feb 03, 2005, 05:14 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
I teach noobie pilots. MOST can go solo from hand launch to landing in one afternoon.
Old Feb 03, 2005, 05:16 PM
I'll try anything once!
Huron, South Dakota
Joined Jan 2004
1,088 Posts
Here's a photo of the Parkzone P-51 Mustang. Its not the best, but it will give you the idea.

(Taken from the April 05 issue of FlyRC Magazine, p.14)
Old Feb 03, 2005, 06:04 PM
Germantown, MD
Joined Dec 2004
67 Posts
it looks like it has ailerons? is it a 4 channel or are those just for looks? does anyone know?
Old Feb 03, 2005, 06:32 PM
a really nice guy, really
Phoenix Intl, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
3,200 Posts
You're right ChuckD. They are an AWESOME marketing/merchandising outfit.
Ralph Brekan is offline Find More Posts by Ralph Brekan
Old Feb 03, 2005, 06:38 PM
a really nice guy, really
Phoenix Intl, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
3,200 Posts
I bet its AET and they'll use a Decathalon type ESC/RX with a new push-pull servo arm for their five wire servo. I fly my GWS P51 AET on my Stryker TX with the PZ J-3 Cub ESC/RX and servos. The biggest PITA is making the Push-Pull servo arm. So if they come out with these GREAT.

This company would make PT Barnum proud! I'm a sucker, I'll buy one. Twitchy servos, 29oz airframe and all.
Ralph Brekan is offline Find More Posts by Ralph Brekan
Old Feb 03, 2005, 06:40 PM
Cancelled Account
Joined Oct 2004
738 Posts
I am trying to get one as I write this...already planning the first upgrade, too...ha!

Any specs on the unit? Motor? Gearing?

I am hoping it hass the 480 brushed in it; lots of room...however, they seem to have an affinity for 380 and under sizes in models outside of the Stryker.

Traditionally, how are P51's supposed to perform?

--C
ChuckD is offline Find More Posts by ChuckD
Old Feb 03, 2005, 06:40 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
It looks decent!
Closed Thread