HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2005, 06:00 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels
Thanks guys Motor is a picco .15 It will pull a wheelie only on ruff terrain and stay on the throttle....HAHAHA......As far as breaks i was going to make some front breaks.......after breaking the body,front fender, ricky's head and the back shock went all pogo stick on me, you know (BOING!!BOING!!BOING)I put that cable in the front and RICKY C in the closet.
shweels,.. RickyC looks cool with a Nitro motor in his bike!.. So, has the gyro in the rear wheel taken much punishment at all?, or did you rip it out?..

Also, as for broken fenders etc,.. try making your own out of old Laundry liquid bottles, you could cut a rear guard from the handle part of a bottle, but you'll need to find a bottle with a handle that suits the replaced guard..! You could allmost make the whole body set, bar the tank!,.. all those different colored/shaped bottles out there, you could turn the bike into a green Kawazaki, white Yamaha, yellow Suzuki, etc, etc...

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2005, 06:48 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
thanks shaun First i tried without the gyro.....Started off nice and slow,cool.....Gave it some gas it went like a bucking bronco over the bumps and fell down. So i put the gyro back in,much better.After breaking all the parts as i said earlier.ricky c was retired at an early age....
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jan 30, 2005, 02:02 AM
Joined Nov 2003
123 Posts
you have to get some video
wholeshot is offline Find More Posts by wholeshot
Old Jan 30, 2005, 04:57 AM
The Raw 1
Maryland
Joined Oct 2003
360 Posts
Wow Swheels,

Now I have to rethink about buying a Ricky C bike.
wicked_n_raw is offline Find More Posts by wicked_n_raw
Old Apr 07, 2005, 12:02 PM
Joined Nov 2003
123 Posts
How's your nitro project going?
Old Apr 07, 2005, 01:14 PM
Joined Feb 2005
503 Posts
Hi Guys,
iīm still working on that Conversion... i knew there will be some others quicker than me...

want some pics ???
SUMO13 is offline Find More Posts by SUMO13
Old Apr 07, 2005, 01:19 PM
Joined Nov 2003
123 Posts
Please
Old Apr 07, 2005, 07:19 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMO13
Hi Guys,
iīm still working on that Conversion... i knew there will be some others quicker than me...

want some pics ???

Just wondering, have you come up with a way to brake yet?
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Apr 08, 2005, 03:49 AM
London Stansted, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Mar 2004
53 Posts
does any one remember the early traxxas nitro trucks? they used an arm against the clutch bell as a brake---its not hi tech but it did work especially if you bonded some heli clutch lining to the arm.
i think the biggest problem is going to be keeping the gyro in one bit!!!
sumo is offline Find More Posts by sumo
Old Apr 08, 2005, 05:45 AM
Joined Feb 2005
503 Posts
Iīm trying to find somebody to mill me an alloy front rim at the moment.

with this one should be able to mount a brake sys like pats !

pics later
Old Apr 08, 2005, 06:12 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo
does any one remember the early traxxas nitro trucks? they used an arm against the clutch bell as a brake---its not hi tech but it did work especially if you bonded some heli clutch lining to the arm.
i think the biggest problem is going to be keeping the gyro in one bit!!!
I think that the NF bike still comes with that type of set-up.
You're right about needing to put something on the arm, I remember crashing into to just about every corner barrier after about the second tank of fuel. The clutch bell would get so hot and the arm actually started deforming a little bit. I think we ended up scuffing the bell and arm with a dremel but that wouldn't last very long and it would be smooth again. I never thought about or knew about the clutch lining stuff.
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou
Old Apr 08, 2005, 06:23 AM
germany
Joined May 2004
350 Posts
hi Sumo13,
the idea with the break on the clutch bell is very good, i would try this first.
I remember the strap break (bandbremse) on my old land jump buggy was quite effective, you just have to pay attention to the rotational direction of the clutch bell: depending on how you fix the strap the break is self-amplifying or not.
i will post a picture of that break later.
anyways i concern a rear brake as more usefull on rc dirtbikes than front brakes...
...but i couldnīt resist either mounting a cool looking (wave-design) brake on that bike

dan

p.s. sorry for all the dirt on the picture, havenīt cleaned that buggy after the last run.
dan duesentrieb is offline Find More Posts by dan duesentrieb
Last edited by dan duesentrieb; Apr 09, 2005 at 07:33 AM. Reason: picture added
Old Apr 08, 2005, 07:54 AM
Joined Feb 2005
503 Posts
iīm still in constuction-mode
Old Apr 08, 2005, 04:30 PM
Anything RC
Huntington Beach, California
Joined Mar 2005
916 Posts
Wow !!!!using nitro ........i want to do that!!! excellent job.... lookes so clean.

What about the spider slip gear..ect...... in the gyro...is it going to melt......im really woried...... about the (gyro)........????
hoverboy is offline Find More Posts by hoverboy
Old Apr 08, 2005, 09:09 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,434 Posts
Edwin, Haven' seen you in the Hobby cnter for awhile...When are you coming in? We running this summer?

chris
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665