HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2005, 01:12 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
665 Posts
Yippee!
Noob with a BR on his B day!!

I just got my BR for my B day. flew it for about 10 hours inside. I'm board.
Lets see how high this thig will go????????????
Let me tell you folks this thing was around 50 ft. in the air and caught a little breeze and went 100 yds.! Landed great I kept the throtle on full and the battery went down slowly and hopped once.
I did some mods on the blades first. I took a lighter to the top blades and slightly melted them to a greater pitch. I did this because I noticed that I couldn't dial in the body rotation. after this it was able to actually hover and point in one direction! Then I noticed that the tail rotor was not really doing the job that it was intened to do. After flying the thing for that many hours in the house I have figured it's easy to just rotate,point and fly, correct/ect
so why not remove the tail rotar. It's not like this is an actual helicopter.
Off comes the tail rotar and all the wire too
Well now that I think of it lets strip the body off too
theres a method to my maddness. less weight
We flew at least 60 to 70 feet high for 20 seconds!!! Outside no wind
It was fricken wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do it again,and again,and again, and again
I vote this the best cheapest toy ever made.
skip63 is offline Find More Posts by skip63
Last edited by skip63; Jan 29, 2005 at 02:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2005, 09:15 PM
♠ ♂ ♠
Mile High City
Joined Dec 2004
473 Posts
wow I really want to fly outdoors.... I need one of those Wind indicator ribbon's for the end of my remote....

Did you remove the ENTIRE carbon fiber tail rod or just the Motor / wires, any issues with the center of gravity.. what kind of speed do you get now, walking or slight jog..

If you go to fast you might get rotor clashing without spacers, i tried a nickle instead of the recomended penny to center mine out...Had a bad wobble then an entire lower wing rotor broke and hit me in the head..

My center of gravity is Bad and I just end up flying Backwards. REAL SLOW..___
bEbOp ? is offline Find More Posts by bEbOp ?
Old Feb 02, 2005, 03:43 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
665 Posts
I just removed the tail propeller and the wires . I've found you need the weight of the motor to help balance out the BR. What I have noticed that you can slide the tail motor twards the body just a little it helps the thing fly forward. Tips on flying outside:
Early mornings and night are times i find no wind. I also try to detect slight winds and move upwind so it doesn't get caught in anything. Don't let off the power when it's up around 20 feet or higher unless it's heading for somethig. If you cut power at that height it goes into a uncontrollable sprial with a hard landing. I let the power naturaly run out. Good luck
skip63 is offline Find More Posts by skip63