HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2005, 04:00 PM
Electric Orange
Orange, Australia
Joined Jun 2004
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgabric
I have always hated flat wing and profiles....but....this looks like fun. what do you use for streamers? and do you have a good mounting location/method. and and chances for say fw-190 plans?

Bryan(yet another)
Bryan,

Yes I do have plans for the FW-190. The 190 and a Spitfire will round out the collection I think.

Scott
scotta is offline Find More Posts by scotta
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2005, 06:25 PM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
thanks for the fast replys no im going to have to find new lectronics
the spit will be great as well i'm going to build the p-40 in a few hours from now and it would be nice to have lots of tempting plans to entice my fellow flyers. I will send them over to irone's site first althow most of my friends are airplne mechinics some of us are quite lazy.

Bryan

which reminds me any suggestion on servos im thinking about hs-55's do to how durable thay are. even at the expence of some weight.

irone, I've read your thread its well...long. but, very informative.
bgabric is offline Find More Posts by bgabric
Last edited by bgabric; Mar 01, 2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 03:28 AM
Balsa Abuser
Wyong, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
348 Posts
Scott,
sorry for not giving any feedback on the new P51 but had a few issues with it on the weekend namely I used a PCM rx on it this time and had PCM lockout causing it to crash is next doors salt water pool - luckily only lost the ESC but up till that stage looked like it was heaps better.

Just need to get another brushless controller for it.

Chris
Trikky is offline Find More Posts by Trikky
Old Mar 02, 2005, 03:29 AM
Balsa Abuser
Wyong, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
348 Posts
Bryan,
HS55's should be fine as I have used them in my first P51 with no issues

Chris
Trikky is offline Find More Posts by Trikky
Old Mar 02, 2005, 05:14 AM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
Cool the plane is built its 4o-clock in the morning here and maybe i should have waited to build it untill i could get some new blades for my knife. o-well I have every intechion of crashing this in to another plane so guess it does not matter.

Bryan

scrach that it looks prety good now. the batterys are charged the radio gear is in. all I need now is sunlight.
Last edited by bgabric; Mar 02, 2005 at 06:24 AM.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 09:29 AM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
ok, what the heck did i do wrong? is it me?

first off im useing kokam 700ma battery packs both 3 and 2 cell packs. 2 hs-55's ans a stock gws 350c-c powerplant. I probly built it heave as I build everything heavy.

second the flight report. I started with full throws 9-7prop and 2 cell pack. it seemed underpowered and wanted to spin. so I went to 10-4.7 prop big improvement but, still spun I used the 3 cell pack this time and man was it fun but it was bad for spinning. It spun in and i ost the prop. so I went to the 9x7prop and it spun even worse. I tryed all diffrent cgs and on the last flight I the cog about 1/2in from the leading edge. It would not turn. I tryed to make a simple banking turn and it lost all airspeed wobbled a bit hung on the prop did some flat spins and crashed (see pic). after which I tryed to flt my gws zero. I had the transmitter set to the wrong model and flew it in to the dirt. (minor damage {THANK GOD}) the point is im a bit un happy.

last the good news. holy hell that was fun. I have never flown an airplane with this much power.

How does the stang fly? I have got to get one of these in the air.

Bryan
Last edited by bgabric; Mar 02, 2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 03:57 PM
Electric Orange
Orange, Australia
Joined Jun 2004
985 Posts
Bryan,

Bran713 had the P-40 sorted with the CoG as listed earlier in this thread. Sounds like you may have had some tip stall. Was there a twist in the wing?

Yes, fast is an understatement - well for a 350 powered plane anyway.

Keep us posted.

Scott
Old Mar 02, 2005, 09:04 PM
Arlington, Texas
Joined Mar 2004
335 Posts
Bryan....... If possible get over to the Boy's Ranch on thursdays. We fly combat there every thursday from 12:00 to 3:00 weather permitting. The address is 2801 Forest Ridge Dr., Bedford, Texas. Go to the gym to find us if we are not outside. We can probably help you get it right. OBTW, bring something that flies indoors too. We have use of that large gym for those three hours.

That was a very sad story.........

I love the smell of lipo's in the mornings...........

TopGun Combat Planes
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...serid=brodiejf
irone is offline Find More Posts by irone
Old Mar 02, 2005, 09:30 PM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
hum...I do have thursday off next week. I'll see if I can however working on third shift means i sleep thows hours most of the time but, I see what I can do. I should have a stagger wing by then. im trying to get one of my friends in to model aviation so I gave him several peices of foam as well as all the tools and such to make about 3 airplanes. he chose the foamfly stagger wing so I gave him a motor and he will build me one as well.

Bryan

I have some depron lying around i'll build another only much lighter.
Last edited by bgabric; Mar 02, 2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 09:46 PM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
o btw what is the weight soposed to be. without batterys.

Bryan

LOL 25inch wing span no wounder i had problems.
Last edited by bgabric; Mar 02, 2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 09:57 PM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
ok, last time I had one of the pdf setting at fit to paper so my last plane may have only been 89% of full size that might have been a problem. also I'm using full travel on my elevator maybe its just stalling on me. :/

Bryan
Old Mar 03, 2005, 12:27 AM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
ok V2 is built I found a sharper knife and this one was much more fun to build. also it turned out a lot nicer. pitty the motor will hide most of my nose art.

Bryan
Old Mar 03, 2005, 01:32 AM
Electric Orange
Orange, Australia
Joined Jun 2004
985 Posts
Bryan,

Gee at 89% she would have had a high wing loading. With full elevator travel she would have also been a wild ride. Latest build looks great. Where did you get the nose art?

Scott
Old Mar 03, 2005, 01:48 AM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
I got it from doing a yahoo search for 140 nose art. someone is a nose panel and has the pic posted

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...y-vert-img-top

bryan

i picked this one
http://www.acespilotshop.com/pilot-s...-gifts-pg6.htm
Old Mar 03, 2005, 01:52 AM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
also at full size the plans did not align exactly right I think my printer has some larger than standerd margions. And could you make the lines "black" thay look black but when i try to print in black and white thay are very dim and dashed.

Bryan