SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2005, 06:41 AM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
for cheap glossy stickers use normal sticky back printer paper and clear tape it works well up to the with of the tape. for what its worth.

Bryan
bgabric is offline Find More Posts by bgabric
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2005, 06:47 PM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
new motor mount in looks great lots of power but, as you can see its a bit to windy to fly. can't wait to see you fw-190

Bryan
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:24 AM
Cross Into The Blue
SW Florida
Joined Aug 2004
356 Posts
How do acrylics work on bluecore?
migdestroyer999 is offline Find More Posts by migdestroyer999
Old Mar 12, 2005, 03:48 PM
Electric Orange
Orange, Australia
Joined Jun 2004
985 Posts
Bryan,

I have the opposite problem. Perfect autumn days, not a breath of wind, but to busy to fly

Scott
scotta is offline Find More Posts by scotta
Old Mar 13, 2005, 12:21 AM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
bummer. when the air is calm and im not too buzy i usualy have averything broken.

Bryan
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:01 AM
Arlington, Texas
Joined Mar 2004
335 Posts
Here are the latest Rules our group is using for Ebat... Your comments please.

Tournament Rules:
World War II Fighter ENTRY E-Combat
Objective:
To recreate the excitement of WWII era fighter combat in an enjoyable, safe, competition that will be interesting for spectators, inexpensive and challenging for the contestants.
Skybox pylon flags will be set up prior to competition. The spacing shall be 130 to 150 feet apart. The pilot flight box shall be 130 to 150 feet away from the pylon flags, creating a square and centered of this line. Competing aircrafts must fly within that pre designated sky box area. Twenty feet of streamer material will be provided by the contest director to each competing pilot. Each sortie will have duration of four minutes.

Aircraft: Must be a forward prop design, recognizable WWII scale-like warbird aircraft with semi-authentic markings appropriate for that era. A 28" to 36" wingspan with no square inch minimums or maximums. Any GWS or other brand Warbirds are included, and legal if they meet wing span and motor requirements. A 300 class brushed can type motor, direct drive or with gearing is allowed (No Cobalts). A 7.4V battery pack, or any brand 2cell lipoly pack which generates 7.4V maximum output, is also legal. Any size or pitch propeller may be used.
ENGUAGEMENT RULES:
The aircraft shall tow a 3/8" by 20' foot long ribbon, There shall be no leader string used at any time. All aircraft shall maneuver within the pre-marked skybox of approximately fifty yards square.
Each plane receives 100 points for being in the air when “START COMBAT” is called. 50 points shall be deducted for flying beyond the fifty yard markers to sides and back of the box. After loosing 100 points aircraft must land. 100 points shall be deducted and aircraft must land if it over-flies the flight line. 100 points are gained by cutting another aircraft’s streamer. The killed plane or aircraft with the cut streamer must land, even if it has some streamer left. 100 points are awarded when “TIME” is called and aircraft lands with an intact streamer.
EXCEPTIONS:
Should a plane make a cut and be forced to land because the streamer wrapped up in his prop, he shall be marked as completing the round and scored with the kill.
Should two planes contact each other and one plane is rendered un-flyable, the remaining plane flying is scored with a 100 point kill if it completes that round.

Flight durations of four minutes (peak of batteries) to allow for faster recharge time between rounds. There shall be no more than four airplanes launched for combat at a time. (Single conversion receivers are widely used on these planes to save weight. These receivers can be subject to glitches. The more planes in the air at one time the greater the chances of being shot down by glitches. A winner is determined by adding up the points at the end of the day.
irone is offline Find More Posts by irone
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:08 AM
Salt Lake City
Joined Jul 2003
323 Posts
Maiden of P-51

Scotta,
This says it all. I maidened my P-51 yesterday, first flight, flew great, with lots of authority. This is the smallest plane with a flat wing airfoil that I have built. Surprising at slow speed this excellent design plane performs very well. It sure is a very easy plane to put together, and it sure is one of the best performers I have flown. I flew this well designed combat plane with 3s 11.1v, 700 mah lipoly, 17 turn, 26gage, cd brushless. Talk about roll rate, excellent loops, fantastic climbing, great inverted flight, all around a great design, and a very good looking plane in the air. I am very impressed with your design. Please keep up the great design work. Last but not least thank you for the gift of sharing your awesome design.

Regards,
Saeed
Saeed is offline Find More Posts by Saeed
Old Mar 25, 2005, 08:10 PM
Proudly 2.4GHz free!
Alexandria, VA, USA
Joined Feb 2003
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by migdestroyer999
How do acrylics work on bluecore?
I use "Tamiya color for plastics" spray paint, which I think is an acrylic, and it works great. I use it on my GWS planes too. It takes a long time to dry & will chip off if you leave the "onion skin" on the blucore, but they do work. You don't have to fool with this "mist very light coats from far away" stuff -- just spray that sucker. I can cover over the black writing in one coat - I don't bother to wash it off first. It takes about 2 cans (@ $5 ea. ) to paint a plane.

These are the ones with color numbers like TS-xx. I don't know about any of the others by tamiya. YMMV.

dave.
dstrout is offline Find More Posts by dstrout
Old Mar 26, 2005, 07:37 PM
No time to fly
USA, MO, Independence
Joined Nov 2003
360 Posts
I built a p-51, it looked great, but I was having some serious problems. I would be banked than I would give some elevator to pull throught the turn, and it would pitch up and hover, then fall out. I tried so many things, but I could not get it to go. I already trashed it in my failed attempts, including 1 split, and I mean split prop. I might try another design
Brian
BrMiHi08 is offline Find More Posts by BrMiHi08
Old Mar 27, 2005, 09:37 AM
Salt Lake City
Joined Jul 2003
323 Posts
P-51

Brian,
Where was your CG? Where did you end up with your battery location? My P-51 performs fantastic. CG is where the designer had it (1/3 back from the leading edge) about 2 3/8" . Don't give up this is a fantastic plane.

Saeed
Saeed is offline Find More Posts by Saeed
Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:12 AM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
with your banking with elevator....do you have a stiffiner between the right and left side?

Bryan

i had the same problem with the airplane I found it to be under powered. i sujjest a speed 300 as opposed to a 350 with 3 cell lipo.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:05 PM
No time to fly
USA, MO, Independence
Joined Nov 2003
360 Posts
It was not the elevator. I believe it was yawing upwards when I was turned sideways, it flies well when it goes straight. I did check the CG and everything and it was right, I have no clue still yet as to what was going on. I was running e-tec 2 cell hp 1200, and a 350c with 9x7, 10x4.7 and 10x8 all with little succes, the 10x8 seems to be the best that I tried.
Brian
BrMiHi08 is offline Find More Posts by BrMiHi08
Old Mar 27, 2005, 02:42 PM
jumping trees
keller tx
Joined Dec 2003
317 Posts
these airplanes do not like going slow. try uping the power supply or better yet finding a smaller battery. the 1200 is way to heavy!!!! i suggest the "2cell TP 730 lipo" suggested by Irone several post above.

Bryan
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:55 PM
WIND!? WHAT WIND?
Honolulu Intl, Hawaii, United States
Joined Sep 2004
79 Posts
80% mini P40

Here is my little but powerful P40.