HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2005, 02:26 PM
Lincoln,CA
Joined Mar 2003
39 Posts
Red Barons Fun Fly and Pilots Challenge in Sacramento CA 3/5

Red Barons Pilots Challenge on March 5th

There will be four different events to compete in with a fixed wing aircraft. Points will be awarded for each event completed successfully with opportunity for bonus points. At the end of the day all points will be added up and prizes given to the top three pilots. Their will be open flying through the day if you whish not to compete in the competition.

Events
Touch and go to spot landing. There will be two boxes taped on the runway, you must touch your landing gear (both wheels) in the first box popup off the runway and land in the second box on the same approach. (Landing gear must be in second box for points) 10 points for touching your landing gear in the first box and 15 points for landing in the second box. 10 Bonus points will be awarded if you complete a Roll in-between and land in the second box.

Flower Drop. You will attach a Dixie cup to your aircraft. In the cup we will place a small baggie of flower you must then fly over a card board box and drop it in. You will be given three attempts. 10 points awarded for each successful drop that land’s inside the box. Get all three in the box and get an extra 20 points.

Table Top Dancing. In this event your nerves will be tested. First you will take off from atop the table and then land on the table. You will receive 10 points for taking off successfully then be given one attempt at hovering over the table and touching your tale on the table top for 15 bonus points and last but not least 20 points for bringing your plane to a stop on the table for a successful landing.

Limbo. This one is simple, fly under the ribbon to make it to the next round. You will be given two attempts and each level. 10 points will be awarded to you each time you complete a round. 10 bonus points if you complete the height inverted for a total of 20 possible per round.

There will be plenty of food and drink in the pavilion and we will be having a raffle at lunch time….

Entry Fee: $10 Pre-Registration/$15 Day of Event Please Make Checks Payable to Sacramento Red Barons

Time Line for the day
Registration-7:30 am to 8:30 am
Worker’s Meeting-8:30 am
Pilot’s Meeting-8:45 am
Flying Starts-9:00 am
Events start at 10:00am

Send Payments to: Todd Pearson P.O. Box 442 Lincoln, CA 95648
Questions Email me at Todd@triadinstall.com

Registration Name: ______________________________

Telephone: __________________________

Frequency No.:_______________________

AMA No.:____________________________(AMA is a must have)

Visit http://www.sacredbarons.com/ for directions
ElectricAceTodd is offline Find More Posts by ElectricAceTodd
Last edited by ElectricAceTodd; Jan 25, 2005 at 04:43 PM. Reason: for got the date and location
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:03 PM
Lincoln,CA
Joined Mar 2003
39 Posts
So what do you think? Does this sound like fun? Let me know what you think...

Todd
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:59 AM
Lincoln,CA
Joined Mar 2003
39 Posts
It's getting closer!!!!! I have a report of pilots comming out of the woods for the event. Should be a great turn out and a lot of fun!!!
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:39 PM
MX
Embedded Systems Engineer
Grass Valley, CA
Joined Sep 2001
3,732 Posts
Wish I could come, but I have a conflict that day.

MX
MX is offline Find More Posts by MX
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:15 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,312 Posts
It does sound like fun. I will try to be there and possibly bring along a couple of clubmates from DVRC.
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Feb 19, 2005, 05:13 PM
Lincoln,CA
Joined Mar 2003
39 Posts
That is great! and I hope we get some flyers out of the Bay Area Too........come on guys!!!!!!
Old Feb 28, 2005, 02:22 PM
Lincoln,CA
Joined Mar 2003
39 Posts
It's getting clase who is comming? Last year we hade a blast and with the added events this year it will be even more fun. I hope to see some of the really big stuff out for some fun flying and I still need a lunch time show? So let me know if you want to do somthing...........fun or exciting..........
Old Mar 05, 2005, 12:39 AM
Lincoln,CA
Joined Mar 2003
39 Posts
The weather is going to be great!!!!!!