Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:06 AM
Chester New Jersey
Joined Dec 2004
79 Posts
Where do you keep all your "stuff"?

As my tool inventory grows, I continue to seek places to store all the stuff (glue, pins, tools, clamps, etc.). What do you use?
louisd is offline Find More Posts by louisd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:09 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Stacking bins..
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jan 25, 2005, 03:42 PM
the-plumber
Joined Feb 2003
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisd
As my tool inventory grows, I continue to seek places to store all the stuff (glue, pins, tools, clamps, etc.). What do you use?
Track type shelving, pegboard, and these . . .
the-plumber is offline Find More Posts by the-plumber
Last edited by the-plumber; Jan 25, 2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 04:04 PM
Turkey
Joined Jan 2005
78 Posts
For tools I use simple tray worth 5 USD and for small parts a wooden (MDF) box
RCEE BUILDER is offline Find More Posts by RCEE BUILDER
Old Jan 26, 2005, 04:53 PM
Rather be Hover'n
Omaha, NE
Joined Jul 2004
89 Posts
Lot's of drawers
Redbeardrc is offline Find More Posts by Redbeardrc
Old Jan 27, 2005, 05:13 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,687 Posts
Since the room I use also does duty as a spare sitting room for when HR choice of TV is simply too much in conflict with my own, I built a buncjh of kitchen units into te corner of it, whih don't look TOO bad, once I scrape teh dust and balsa shards off the floor.

Then all eh above solutions work, but with te advantage they are all behind closed drawes and cupboards when yu want to use teh room for other purposes.

There is, thanks to e-zoners, a sort of aerial dogfight of completed models hanging from the ceiling.
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Jan 27, 2005, 03:05 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2004
1,637 Posts
RedBeard,

I am digging on your shop. Please post more pics. I would love to get a few tool cabinets in mine. Just cant swollow the cost right now.

Alex
Eyefly is online now Find More Posts by Eyefly
Old Jan 27, 2005, 05:43 PM
Rather be Hover'n
Omaha, NE
Joined Jul 2004
89 Posts
Thanks Eyefly. Your going to need to swallow a lot, these cabnets cost more the the machines on them.

I still in the process of putting it all together. Need more stuff!
Old Jan 27, 2005, 09:24 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,115 Posts
Hey Wait....I think I see some dust on the floor!!!!!

Jerry
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Midwest Stik Build
Old Jan 27, 2005, 10:52 PM
Milwaukee G Mitchell, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Mar 2002
757 Posts
You people are SICK. How can you possibly work in such spaces? Your not tripping over anything, your not having to shove something out of the way to have just a small patch of horizontal space. Your not having to spend half your working time looking for the tool you know you have, getting disgusted and buying another one because itís easier.
http://home.wi.rr.com/dkraemer/PDRM4763.jpg

Seriously though, Iíve let it get away from me. Iíve been trying to finish our house and as I work on projects upstairs I have to clean up each night. Everything just gets piled in my basement so SWMBO doesnít have to trip over tools. Just today I picked up some plywood for drawers for all the lower cabinets.

In one of the pics I just painted the fuse to a Talon I got for Christmas and a kit for an Odyssey is waiting on the table saw.

A few more at
http://home.wi.rr.com/dkraemer/PDRM4760.JPG
http://home.wi.rr.com/dkraemer/PDRM4761.JPG
http://home.wi.rr.com/dkraemer/PDRM4764.JPG

I am accepting donations for the cleaning expences http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/im...ons/icon12.gif
Wink

(how do you get the icons in the text?)

davidk
davekra is offline Find More Posts by davekra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: hinge tape info
Old Jan 28, 2005, 09:44 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1,637 Posts
Redbeard,

The shop looks great. I am wondering about the toilet paper hanging over the lathe though. You must spend every moment you can in that room.

I am considering running out to the local Lowes after work to do some "Swallowing". How do you think the Craftsman brand compares to the Lowes Kobalt brand?

Alex
Old Jan 28, 2005, 05:01 PM
Rather be Hover'n
Omaha, NE
Joined Jul 2004
89 Posts
Geez, did I miss some dust. I must be getting sloppy in my old age.

Alex,

I can't say I'm real familiar with the Lowes stuff. It looks similar. No Lowes store near me here.

I got the Sears cabnets because they were full open ball bearing drawers and the units were rated for a 1000 lbs capacity. They came with cheap 1/2" fiber board tops which I replaced with 3/4" and then drilled and bolted the machines thru the cabnet tops. I also found that I had to remove the included wheels on the bottom because it was just to flexible with them on.

I went this route primarily due to space issues and would not recomend spending so much when you could easily make a much sturdier bench if you have the room. I needed to maximize what little space I had and must say, apart from the cost, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.
Old Feb 02, 2005, 08:35 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Apr 2004
85 Posts
Every once in a while you have to humble yourself... I thought y'all would get a laugh out of my terrible pictures.. I moved from a room that I built over my garage with 12 foot ceilings, 25 ft by 25 ft, kitchen cabinets against all one wall and shelves lining two of the 25 ft walls.... to this.

The first is my bonus room work table... a 4K cherry , 1 inch slate pool table... ha!

the second is my misc wing storage out side of a closet in my bonus room

the third is the inside of my closet... This is only a small portion of my stuff... I need to get rid of something but I hate parting with stuff that I just might need.... ha...
HarleyD is offline Find More Posts by HarleyD
Old Feb 03, 2005, 07:51 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1,637 Posts
I wont even bother posting mine. It is pretty pathetic. But I am working on this. I need a new house first.

Alex
Old Feb 03, 2005, 10:06 AM
the-plumber
Joined Feb 2003
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefly
Redbeard,

The shop looks great. I am wondering about the toilet paper hanging over the lathe though. You must spend every moment you can in that room.
Paper towel holder, perchance ?
the-plumber is offline Find More Posts by the-plumber